Cancun - good and bad (really bad) dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only problem I have is that I won't be there until the first week of September...

I'll give you a holler when I get down there.

Anytime, I will be here, we can go out with Ben, he is a friend and as you know a cool guy......just PM me when you come, would very much like to meet you.
:)

I didn't really want to post on this one but thanks everyone for your loyal support and following, you guys are awesome and without you I or mad would not be here, thats the truth!
Diving is a wonderful sport, hobby and lifestyle, of course there will be comments both good and bad and each shop, inst, owner has there own style and way of running things so it's up to the divers to find their shop where they feel happy, trust the op and safe.
Jack (spratman) your a legend and all the other happy sb members too so whenever we can beers and hotwings in hooters, my shout!
Keep diving, keep smiling and be happy!
See you soon and thanks again from mad

Hey bro count me in....then again when Jack comes in Sept. and this support you get from everyone is because you have earned it. :)

dive pro, the fact that you are posting the details of a customer service issue shows a certain unprofessionalism and as a consumer i personally am inclined to believe the OP about what took place. the fact that you feel it's more important to defend yourself than to make the customer happy tells me all i need to know about your operation. i am coming down there in june and already have plans with another shop but if i didn't and i had come across this post, i would have made sure i hadn't dove with your shop. what you should have done in this case is respond to the poster via PM and worked it out privately and then after the customer was happy, ask him to post on this thread that the situation is now resolved. that would have been the professional thing to do. coming on here and arguing with the OP is not good....

dive pro, the fact that you are posting the details of a customer service issue shows a certain unprofessionalism and as a consumer i personally am inclined to believe the OP about what took place. the fact that you feel it's more important to defend yourself than to make the customer happy tells me all i need to know about your operation. i am coming down there in june and already have plans with another shop but if i didn't and i had come across this post, i would have made sure i hadn't dove with your shop. what you should have done in this case is respond to the poster via PM and worked it out privately and then after the customer was happy, ask him to post on this thread that the situation is now resolved. that would have been the professional thing to do. coming on here and arguing with the OP is not good....

Hola GatorJoe, thank you very much for your point of view it is certainly appreciated, :D, you are probably right, but if this posts were still there calling us thieves like that after the refund...well everyone has the right to their opinion, thank you so much for feedback it is appreciated and hope you have great dives here when you come.
thanks again

If I were a dive op and read a post such as this about my operation I would certainly believe I was entitled to respond and especially if the facts were different than those expressed by the poster.

NOTE: I'm not taking sides here because I have no knowledge of what took place.

If I were a dive op and read a post such as this about my operation I would certainly believe I was entitled to respond and especially if the facts were different than those expressed by the poster.

NOTE: I'm not taking sides here because I have no knowledge of what took place.

Every one is different and entitled to their own opinion, we just thought since we were attacked in such a way and on other threads it would be fair to state our side of the story, so like Jack (spratman) says the real thing may be in the middle. Now everyone makes mistakes we are all human, and I really feel for the OP but the strory was a little twisted and he was offering to PM anyone about it, we just felt that is what this forum is for, GatorJoe may think it was not the way to go and it is great to have opinions. We do not want a posting war or anything like that just to be fair, our way may be not liked by many divers, or may be by others like stated before everyone has the right to express their opinions, like I express mine of Ben Mooney who is a friend and a great guy but he is direct competition but that does not stop me to recognize he is a fantastic instructor, a good friend and MAD does provide excellent service....anyway just wanted to clarify.:D

I will be staying at Ocean Coral from June 16-23 and plan on diving with either dive op. just as soon as I can figure out when I am to your dive ops. I have heard great things about both dive ops.

same to you miguel, we re friends, instructors and when we need one another we help each other, thanks for your unbiased comments and support, that shows a good things on your behalf!

mate i cannot count the times you have been there for us, there is a nice history.....there is no support on speaking truth, lets get our guys together and maybe vryolakas or anyone from our area on this board for a xx
cheers mate

Miguel all I can say is if I didn't come across Ben first last year and afer reading a few of your counter claims I would'nt have a problem giving Manta Divers a try. I do believe in that there's always 3 sides to a complaint and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom