How to pay babysitter when taking her on a trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep I think the spell it out before hand is the catch all.

I also like the flat rate / hours worked deal.

All travel / board / food paid.

Hours of work per day spelled out as in 10 each. Weekly rate of 500.00

Thank you very much for responding. I found your comments extremely helpful! We just have to figure out what is cheaper - (A) going to Turks and Caicos (we're kind of leaning toward these islands) and staying in a family friendly hotel and hire a babysitter there or (B) taking a babysitter with us. If A is only slightly cheaper than B, then we'll probably stick with B but if A ends up to be significantly cheaper than B, then we'll go with A.
once again, thank you all!!!

If you're going to bring the sitter I have heard a lot of good advice. Above all it needs to be clear that the sitter is along to facilitate your trip. Don't be an ogre but be sure that the sitter is mature enough to remain in role.

Pete

PAy baysitter regular pay as you do at home if you are only taking her to watch baby..if anything she should be paid additional $$ for being away from home.You also have to pay for trip expenses for her to go,food ,room etc..why not go to a place that offers a babysitting service instead and use them ? It would be much less expensive than taking your sitter from home and having to pay for her to go and her expenses..

Being a single father of the rather young ones (8,6,4) much of my diving is limited by finding someone to watch the kids. Can anyone reccomend some places that have done well in the child-care arena for vacation destinations?

Posted via Mobile Device
Mikhail,

If Turcs and Caicos is an option, then go to the Beaches, leave the babysitter at home and enjoy yourselves and your kid(s). The kids will be busy at the "camp" leaving you plenty of time to dive and have fun. You can even drop the kids off in the evening and enjoy a quiet dinner.

Also, how muc time do the kids spend with the babysitter during the year? I think they will want to spend time with mommy and daddy as much as possible.

We just took a cruise with our kids and my mother (it was a gift trip for her 60th birthday). We also hoped that she would help us get some time just for the two of us. Guess what??? The 22 month old only wanted to be with us and spent only 1 evening with grandma.

Leave the babysitter at home and enjoy the trip. The kids will appreciate it more.

Just my 2 cents...

then go to the Beaches, leave the babysitter at home and enjoy yourselves and your kid(s)....I think they will want to spend time with mommy and daddy as much as possible...The 22 month old only wanted to be with us and spent only 1 evening with grandma....enjoy the trip.
I dunno how one could enjoy the trip while dragging the kids along, ESPECIALLY without a babysitter....but to each his own I guess. OP seemed interested in having the babysitter though - can't say I blame him. Although, were it me, if I had to drag the kids along on the trip, I wouldn't bother going at all.

I'm with nudediver on this one. i go on vacation to enjoy. i love kids and i can't imagine not having mine with us on our trip, but we all know how much of a handful a 2yr old can be. I think bringing a babysitter is just too much money(my wife and i aren't that well off :wink:, and there could be some liabilities bringing a baby sitter. i'd rather bring my mother or leave my 2yr old with my folks while i'm at play. its not like a 2yr old will remember how much fun it was being at turks or wherever else. also, how safe is a 2yr old going to be at a foreign country's daycare system? maybe if my kid was around 10, i won't mind, but 2yrs old...i won't trust it. that's just me.

Aside from the sitter ... you may want to be sure if the area you are looking at suffered from last year's hurricane. Parts of Turks & Caicos were devastated.

Hell I'll babysit for you for half of what you would normally pay your babysitter. I have nothing useful to add to this conversation except to say have everything in writing prior to the trip. In addition to the babysitter abiding to the contract you must as well.

Hell I'll babysit for you for half of what you would normally pay your babysitter.
Hard to pass this offer up, isn't it, Mikhail? Instead of a trusted babysitter, you could put your kids in the care of a random guy on the internet who wants a free vacation and you'd save $6.50 an hour!:wink: I'm not a parent, so what do I know, but that's kind of how I view the resort daycare facilities. They might be more convenient, but your children are now in the care of practically random strangers.

Back
Top Bottom