How to pay babysitter when taking her on a trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we went to fdr pebbles in falmuth jamaica, all inclusive, incl diving and alcohol, and they include a nanny 24 hours a day, as less if you like, free of charge,
i would fully suggest you look into this sort of situation, saves $$$ and alot of hassel

we went to fdr pebbles in falmuth jamaica, all inclusive, incl diving and alcohol, and they include a nanny 24 hours a day, as less if you like, free of chargel
Unless you didn't pay the resort anything at all, the nanny was not free of charge - just built into the charge you paid, whether you used the service or not. Big difference - esp. for the divers who don't use the service (i.e. they're still paying for it).

I would have to agree with most of the advise on here except to not bring the baby sitter and use the daycare / nanny / sitter that the resort offers. I can't see leaving your kid with some stranger (yes I know the word stranger was already debated, no need to go there again) especially when you are more then capable of paying your personal sitter. Would something happen to your kid in the care of resort staff? Probaly not, but if it did would you be able to live with yourself knowing you were just being cheap and not bringing your sitter? I know I wouldn't. On the other hand I cant even afford a vacation let alone bring another person with airfare, room, food & pay. Hell, I dont even really go out with my wife alone cause I cant even afford a sitter. Then again I love being with my kids and take them wherever I go and we always have fun. If its between diving and having someone strange watch my kids, looks like im not diving. When they are old enough to dive we wont have any problems!

Bring the babysitter, I am sure you wont regret it and pay her a flat wage for the week plus room, food, airfare and work out a schedule that she will need to be flexible with.

hi all and again, thank you all for sharing your comments.
i would not have guessed that my post would yield such a discussion. Just to clarify - we do love our kid very much and we will spend most of the time with him no matter where we'd go. The only time when we can't physically spend time with him is when we're under water.
I asked about the babysitter just to figure out if it's an affordable and practical alternative for us. We don't want to be separated from the baby, so the option to leave baby with grandparents is out. Taking grandparents with us = paying for their accommodations so gets more expensive than the babysitter. We are reluctant to leave 2 yo baby with resort's daycare. So, we will ultimately have to decide whether we want to spend ~$2000 extra so that we can dive few hrs per day. I'm not sure at this point if it's worth it.

Maybe the best solution would to be leave the child at home with the mom and you and the babysitter go on the dive trip.

Maybe the best solution would to be leave the child at home with the mom and you and the babysitter go on the dive trip.

:thumb:

Look heres the deal.... I'll be your babysitter,you pay for my airfare and room and board and thats it. You guy's take the morning dive boat and I'll take the afternoon dive boat. Problem solved!

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom