How to pay babysitter when taking her on a trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it's truly a blight on the sanctity of the Basic Scuba forum. Get it moved! Fast!

People are saying they wouldnt trust the services at the resort. You are in a foreign country. Having your own sitter there, they still would not know the protocol to get assistance ASAP.
Not like 911 is universal.

Our kids are older 10,11 and 15 and when they dont go on the dive boat with us, they hang out at the hotel or wherever we are.

If they were younger, the onsite services would be fine for the temporary break it would give us. Its not like you are going to leave them there for 10 hours a day...

Once you get there and see the kids that are attended by the onsite staff, you notice that they are having fun. Thats all that matters on the vacation.. If you go in thinking of the worse possible thing, they why bother going?

Save $, dont take sitter.. Use on site service or get local help. Simple.

Maybe the best solution would to be leave the child at home with the mom and you and the babysitter go on the dive trip.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
i'll see what my wife will say to that.

Someone beat me to it... I was going to say, doesn't the answer to the OP depend upon whether your wife comes too?

Personally, I think most people place too much value on their own children.

There is a grain of truth to this - however rational they may be in the rest of life, parents (especially parents of young kids) seem gripped by a paranoid sense of certainty that every potential new baby sitter is a child molester or a murderer. Statistics do not bear this out.

My wife would not allow us to use the hotel sitting service at Disney World. At frikkin' Disney World? Sometimes you have to have a little faith in humanity. There is a reason that cases like Madeleine McCann get so much publicity - because they are rare.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
i'll see what my wife will say to that.

Even though I don't know you or your wife, I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say she ain't gonna be for my earlier suggestion. Especially if the babysitter is hot looking.

Back
Top Bottom