Looking for info on diving the Fla Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mushymom

Reaction score
Hi All,
haven't been round for awhile, but wanted to get info on what diving is like in the Florida Keys or Tortugas. What are the reasonable places for packages and does anyone know what the average costs will be for those packages? What keys are best to dive, etc, etc, etc.

Next question..... :blinking: What about the US Virgin Islands? We've dove St Thomas, but our group is looking at St. Croix, is it worth the money? or is St. Thomas the better deal?

Thanks for the help folks!

Keys diving is easy and relaxing with generally good vis and lots of marine life. I spend most of my diving time in Largo. There are many good shops and the list is fairly long. I think a search would do you well and give you lots of good reading. I haven't been to the Tortuga area yet, and the UVI are also on the list.

In Key Largo Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort is a good place for new divers and is the only "resort" I know of in Largo.

Hello Mushymom,
There are tons of operators and resorts in the Keys. Just take a second and scan some of the post in this section of scubaboard and you will find a wealth of info.

Mushymon, hey Capt. Slate here, we are always glad to have ScubaBoard members on our boats. See ya underwater...

Sticky Florida Keys Guide will also help you in your search. It's at the top of the page.

Upper Keys is always better for diving better reefs and more wrecks to choose from. Lots of dive shops to choose from they all have package deals when you call. Some better than others...

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We have lots of people here on the board that live or come to the Keys often and will be more than happy to help you in your venture for the perfect vacation.

Wow! Thank you Everyone! I will do a bit more research. I just wanted to have some info about where was perhaps the best areas for our group out here in NM as they are looking for a more domestic trip or cheaper than Fiji was this last time. :) They asked for suggestions, and I thought about the keys.

Thanks oodles....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom