Dreaming......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should have worded my post more clearly. I'm so new to diving that I still don't own much of my own gear. I did my cert. dives dry in 37 degree water, so cold doesn't stop me in the winter as much as not being able to afford renting gear every weekend. My LDS charges $100 a weekend for the dry suit. I'm saving up for a good cold water reg and dry suit then I'll be under the ice for sure!

Going to Coz for a week the end of next onth. YEA!! First change to get wet since Sept. Boy are my gills crusty.:D

Headed for San Carlos, Friday afternoon. I'll be doing some beach dives Saturday morning! The water should be 60F... the air... about 65F. My wife won't dive, because it's so cold (read native Tucsonan) :wink:

I feel your pain, as we live in Colorado, oh say over a mile above sea level! And yes, it's cold here to. My wife and I are going to dive in the Bahamas, St. Thomas (USVI), and on Grand Turk next month. Should be very nice.

$100 for a drysuit rental? Wow! No wonder!!! Diving in the cold in Michigan doesn't come cheap. Now add ice diving to the equation, and gear tends to be more expensive. I purchased my drysuit through the local LDS as used. I'm a rather small female and it was a mens small that someone outgrew. I've gone through my share of aqua seal through the years, but I just can't justify spending a $1,000+ on a new one. Maybe there's a "rent to own" option... My husband also purchased his used and has had nothing but good luck with it. It's a more economical option I guess.

If you're ever in the U.P. and want to go ice diving, our LDS is very accomodating....

Tomorrow we'll hop on the ferry and head to the Sunshine Coast, BC for the day. Thankfully they are no longer forecasting snow.

Just wanted to throw this out there. I'm here in MI freezing my butt off dreaming of my next dive which I hope will be the end of March. I'm going to Bonne Terre Mines. When and where are you planning your next dive?

Next Saturday... and Sunday... Ice Dives at Strode Lake in Canton... we'll still be freezing our butts off... but at least we'll be wet... errr... hopefully not TOO wet... the idea of a drysuit failure just leaves me cold... :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom