Trip Report - Cocoview Resort, Roatan, Nov 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to be too simple, but in getting to CCV where do you fly into? Looking at a Spring break trip for the end of March.
Fly into Roatan (RTB). Continental has direct flights via Houston (IAH) and Delta flies direct from Atlanta (ATL). You should be able to get there from O'Hare with only one connection.

Call CCV first before booking your flights, they fill up quickly. You'll probably want to fly in, and out, on a Saturday.

Kayak.com is a great search engine for flights if you take the time to set the search parameters to something sane (no red-eyes, no turboprops, 1 connection, etc.).

Not to be too simple, but in getting to CCV where do you fly into? Looking at a Spring break trip for the end of March.

It is not uncommon for CoCoView to book up several months in advance. Usually I, and many others, make our reservations a year in advance to get the rooms we want.

Contact Roatan Charters for booking.

Tour catalog: "Honduras and a Little Bit of Belize"

Later, Hawk.

Great write up. My group is going for our second trip to CCV at the end of February. I was so-so excited until I read of your trip. Now the juices are flowing and I can't wait to get back. Our experience was very similar to yours. Thank you.

Marc

Excellent trip report, Robin! My husband and I just booked our first trip to Roatan. Unfortunately, CCV was booked when we wanted to go, so we'll be staying at Fantasy Island instead, but we're looking forward to it all the same. Thanks so much for sharing. It's really due to your trip report that my husband changed his mind about Roatan. I've wanted to go there for a while, but he was never interested... until he read your trip report and saw the pictures, then he thought he might actually like it. I never really understood his hesitation since he's into underwater photography and I've been telling him that Roatan would be perfect for that, especially with the availability of the unlimited shore diving. I'm going to love puttering around and spotting things for him to take pictures of. Thanks again!

Robin,

I'll be there mid April and having done some research, I can honestly say most of what I've read doesn't come close to your EXCELLENT report. Thank you for taking the time to put it together and posting. Much, much appreciated.

Also, if its important to anyone, the DM for my orientation dive didn't mind when I asked to do the skills mid-water. :)

Good to know.

The week I was there, I was the only diver with a BP/W and long hose, but the crew had zero issues setting up any of my gear (I always double check in any case).

I'll have the same set up, but does CCV have din valve tanks? Yes, I do have a din to yoke adapter, but would rather not use if I don't have to.

Thanks

does CCV have din valve tanks?

No DIN valves, just the din of the ocean surf on the reef. At first it makes it hard... then easy to sleep.

Excellent trip report, Robin! My husband and I just booked our first trip to Roatan. Unfortunately, CCV was booked when we wanted to go, so we'll be staying at Fantasy Island instead, but we're looking forward to it all the same. Thanks so much for sharing. It's really due to your trip report that my husband changed his mind about Roatan. I've wanted to go there for a while, but he was never interested... until he read your trip report and saw the pictures, then he thought he might actually like it. I never really understood his hesitation since he's into underwater photography and I've been telling him that Roatan would be perfect for that, especially with the availability of the unlimited shore diving. I'm going to love puttering around and spotting things for him to take pictures of. Thanks again!

Hi Martha when are y'all going....Christi, Sue, Frances and I are going in late June we still have room in our group at CoCo View

Hi Martha when are y'all going....Christi, Sue, Frances and I are going in late June we still have room in our group at CoCo View

Hi Ann, we're going the first week of June. We're using airline miles for our airfare so we were very limited in the times we could go (traveling on a Thurs.-Thurs.), otherwise I would've contacted you about whether you still had openings. I would've loved to go with your group.

Hi Ann, we're going the first week of June. We're using airline miles for our airfare so we were very limited in the times we could go (traveling on a Thurs.-Thurs.), otherwise I would've contacted you about whether you still had openings. I would've loved to go with your group.

that is great news that you are able to use your miles...that should save you some money...I know you will enjoy it there....:blinking:

Believe it or not, we actually got a room for over Spring Break at the end of March (3/28 to 4/4). They had a last minute cancellation so we lucked out into a room.

It was either here or Bonaire, and will be our first trip with our son Kristian. Can't wait...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom