Curacao (Habitat) Trip Report 6/12-6/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report, We're going back to Habitat Dec. 6-13. It's been about 6 yrs., just going to dive the house reef at our own pace and times. Taking a break from the liveaboards, where I feel compelled to do most of the dives offered. Love the infinity pool. So far AA flight 939 out of Miami is still set to fly non-stop, will have to keep checking through out the year. Thanks for the report.

I've uploaded all my photos at the link below for those that want to check them out.

Nice gallery.

Nice find on the Batwing Coral Crab. Was that at Port Marie?

Did you find the yellow seahorse at Port Marie?

I am so jealous of the shot you got of the black chrinoid on top of the reef.

Fisheyeview- You be jealous of my photos! Ha, that's funny. You have some really incredible shots on your site! Actually, I was a little disappointed with my photos. I blame that mostly on my finger since it couldn't seem to auto-focus correctly.:wink:

I saw two juvenile trunkfish, they were so CUTE! I had a great setup but it turned out blurry. I saw two of those Batwing crabs, the first one was actually at Redhio City. That was one of my favorite boat dives, we saw a turtle that kept swimming circles around me. Can't remember where we saw the seahorse but I know it was a boat dive. We did a shore dive at Porto Marie and it was very nice. Also tried to get some shots of the goats but I never did. One day we were meeting people to do a boat dive to Watamula and we were running late. We were flying down the road to Wespunt (the windy, hilly one) and ahead we saw a head of goats in the middle of the road. We stopped and I told my husband to honk at them, half move to left side and half go to the right side of the road. One loan goat turns around in the middle of the road, faces us and just starts walking straight toward the car. I wish I had that on camera, it was so funny!

Oh I want to move to an island! I'm having serious withdrawl.....:shakehead:

Hi all,

Is AA the best airline to take to Curacao? We're looking to go for Sept. coral spawning, and it seems like AA has only one flight out on the return on Sat. or Sun., bright and early at 8:15 a.m. I don't mind getting up early, I'm thinking more that it would eliminate the chance of doing even a morning dive the day before.

Any other airline suggestions? I tried looking on Orbitz, and seems like Avianca is the only other one going there (by way of Bogota, Colombia).

These out-of-control fuel prices are causing havoc with airline schedules and air fares!

Pizza, Pizza Pizza
Things on the grill; tuna, shrimp, tilapia, snapper, chicken and beef, I meant to buy some lamb and somehow just forgot, hot dogs and hamburgers.
We always have green salad and Caesar, white rice and rice with vegetables. And then I change 2 side dishes. Last week was a pancake week with crab cakes, spinach pancakes and South western potato cakes. But this weekend I made spinach Pita and a cold ravioli salad, don't know how I got on a spinach kick. The bread of the week is lemon.
I'll email you tomorrow. 2 Scubaboarders are flying in tomorrow. Dragon is staying at Habitat and Fixxer at the Lodge. They both (?) might be solo divers. Maybe we can get a dive worked out. It's the feast of St. Peter this weekend. After the bishop blesses the fleet, fishermen and parishioners there is a small parade from the dock to the church before mass so there might be some traffic (all 6 cars) around 10AM.
Hope to see you on Sunday. Oh.... Andreas will be here, I almost forgot the soccer (football) game at 2:45 Germany vs Spain. Folks back in the states; the Europe Cup is huge here. Every store has a TV on during the games. Law offices etc. bring in large screen TVs and snacks for the employees during the matches. I'm sure Dogenia was treated well at work, right Don? :wink: Everyone follows the games. The Germans who came over to watch here not only had jerseys but brought a flag to hang during the game.
and... I don't know if I'll catch anyone flying in tomorrow, Weds. July 2nd is Curacao Flag Day, very patriotic.

Back
Top Bottom