Curacao (Habitat) Trip Report 6/12-6/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely Nesher. I'm working on that next trip, though I also really want to go back to Curacao too. That might be a later trip though with family. Chris and I have both checked out GC, rates are pretty good. You realize Sept 12th is the day Ivan hit in 2004! What would be the chances though....:wink:

Definitely Nesher. I'm working on that next trip, though I also really want to go back to Curacao too. That might be a later trip though with family. Chris and I have both checked out GC, rates are pretty good. You realize Sept 12th is the day Ivan hit in 2004! What would be the chances though....:wink:

UWBB

We're going to have great weather. Grab C and let's go diving! I need to learn photography anyways. Hey! We can schedule Curacao in for early next year.

Is AA the best airline to take to Curacao? We're looking to go for Sept. coral spawning, and it seems like AA has only one flight out on the return on Sat. or Sun., bright and early at 8:15 a.m. I don't mind getting up early, I'm thinking more that it would eliminate the chance of doing even a morning dive the day before.

Any other airline suggestions? I tried looking on Orbitz, and seems like Avianca is the only other one going there (by way of Bogota, Colombia).

These out-of-control fuel prices are causing havoc with airline schedules and air fares!

I am on the other side of the CONUS but I'd stick with American Airlines if I were you.

Especially since you're in NY....very easy for you to get to Miami which is the easiest means from the US to get to Curacao.

Just stay an extra day and dive, dive, dive.....

Enjoy your trip to Curacao and post a trip report when you return.

Thanks, Nesher. We ended up booking a flight on Air Jamaica, which for some reason didn't come up the first time I looked on Orbitz. We connect in Montego Bay... Curacao should not be affected by hurricane season; hopefully Jamaica won't either at the time we fly through).

Still haven't decided between All West and Kura Hulanda, but we'll be there 13-21 September, hopefully to catch part of the Sept. coral spawning!

How much was food at Habitat? My wife and I are considering going there this fall. I doubt we'll rent a car. Does the shuttle really drop off at 2:00 and pick up at 2:30? This hardly seems worth it. What would cab fare be to if we were to use that instead.

I'd highly recommend renting a car. Even if you plan to just do boat dives (and really miss out on some great shore dives) Habitat is not within walking distance to anything; even the public bus. It would be a shame to miss out on the rest of the island. Sunshine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom