What're your five favorite movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*The Good, Bad & The Ugly {sounds awesome on my Bose surround}
*King Kong {the new one}
*Flags of our fathers & Letters from Iwo Jima {they go together}
*Spartacus
*Best of Sponge Bob Square Pants

DiverBry:
Hmmm... five movies....

1. Solaris
2. Better off Dead
3. Ferris Buehler's Day Off
4. Sixth Sense
5. Sahara

OMG Solaris? We have that movie still in the plastic- never opened it because everyone we talked to said is was such a bad movie that we just never watched it! Now I'm going to have to watch it- it's in your top 5! At least SOMEONE thought it was good!

trucker girl:
OMG Solaris? We have that movie still in the plastic- never opened it because everyone we talked to said is was such a bad movie that we just never watched it! Now I'm going to have to watch it- it's in your top 5! At least SOMEONE thought it was good!
I hated that movie. I dragged my son to see it against his will, telling him how good it was supposed to be, and it sucked!! He hated me that whole day because I dragged him away from his friends for a crappy movie.

I have to admit I liked the original King Kong, very much. It was very well done for its time.

Also, War of the Worlds, the original and remake with Tom Cruise. I don't really like Cruise, but thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Will never view riding on a ferry quite the same, again.

trucker girl:

fairybasslet:
I hated that movie. I dragged my son to see it against his will, telling him how good it was supposed to be, and it sucked!! He hated me that whole day because I dragged him away from his friends for a crappy movie.

At least check out the original Tarkovsky version, PLEASE!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069293/

in no particular order;

Oh Brother, Where Art thou
Das Boot
Lord of the Rings (uncut trilogy)
Dogma
The Deer Hunter

Vie:
At least check out the original Tarkovsky version, PLEASE!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069293/

I'll do that- the only one I know of has a ridiculous picture of- who is it?- George Clooney in a astronaut helmet looking up at you. Am I even thinking of the right movie?

Okay- I've been thinking about this all morning and this is just unfair to limit it to five.

6. Vertigo
7. Gone with the Wind
8. Matchstick Men
9. Jerry Maguire (I'm a sucker for a good romance... "You complete me"... sigh...)
10. The Score

trucker girl:
I'll do that- the only one I know of has a ridiculous picture of- who is it?- George Clooney in a astronaut helmet looking up at you. Am I even thinking of the right movie?

Actually, I thought the George Clooney/Hollywood version was also pretty good.

Vie:
Actually, I thought the George Clooney/Hollywood version was also pretty good.

Well- we're going to watch it one of these days. We've watched worse, I'm sure! Or better... depending on your opinion, I guess!

It's still a ridiculous picture- imo. I have a hard time picturing GC in a serious role- Danny Ocean is about as serious as I can give him. He's a good actor- but I just couldn't believe him in The Perfect Storm etc. Personal bias.

I'm sure he'll be heartbroken when he finds out :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom