BC HOSE RIPS OFF---No Positive Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember all the nasty Stuff I said about him? Well I'm definitely not taking it back now.

He demonstrates in his initial post that he is ignorant about diving. In later posts he demonstrates his lack of a logical ethical framework; he follows that up with telling people he is a better diver than others because he took a freaking college scuba class. Now we are to feel sorry for him because certain people have spoiled his experience on the board.

dumpsterDiver:
Remember all the nasty Stuff I said about him? Well I'm definitely not taking it back now.

He demonstrates in his initial post that he is ignorant about diving. In later posts he demonstrates his lack of a logical ethical framework; he follows that up with telling people he is a better diver than others because he took a freaking college scuba class. Now we are to feel sorry for him because certain people have spoiled his experience on the board.
Maybe he'll get run over by a mountain bike while poaching underwater :D

Okay, folks, how about we calm down a bit and keep the personal observations out of this, before some serious surgery becomes necessary, please?

today hitler and i sat down with huge plastic bibs on and dined heartily on undersized meat packed lobsters. himmler brought in very hot oversized bowls of melted double fat butter. oh mine god it was gooood. lol

John, I would suggest you relax a bit. Young people have a habit of doing things that 20 years later will make them shudder and wonder how they survived it. Lord knows, I certainly do. The lucky ones at least get to that point. The trick is to learn from your exprience so you get to the point where you can look back at it. I'm sure you learned what to admit to and what not to, along with other legalities and you won't make that mistake again.

Speaking of learning, the AARP divers on this board and on the boats, can teach you a lot about diving. The trick is to stop, listen and watch. I've taught a bunch of young divers and the hardest thing to teach them is to slow down, relax and think. As you said you were thinking about beer and girls, the time to think about them is during the Surface Interval. When diving you need to slow down, keep your mind on what you are doing and keep aware of your environment.

I would suggest that you find one of these AARP divers and try to learn from them. They will teach you a lot of things, all you have to do is stop, watch and listen. They will teach you the art of diving slow so you can see things, bouyancy and control, as well as hundreds of other skills. The advice they can give you is priceless.

My advice is to get aquainted with a local dive shop or club. Be prepared for some razing, we all went through it, but its almost always good natured. They will teach you by example how to become a good diver and to really enjoy the sport.

You can eventually figure it out on your own, but you will end up learning a bunch of bad habits in the process. And may even get hurt. No one wants you to become another thread in this forum.

I was on a boat with a diver that had just done something like his 2000th dive. He told me that at 20 dives he thought he had it all figured out, at 100 dives he realized he was just starting to learn. The issue is at about 20 dives a bunch of things click, and it makes you a bit cocky, that's when things go wrong usually. When I hit a 100 dives it dawned on me that while I was a good diver, there was a lot more I needed to learn, and it wasn't something I was going to get in a class, the only place I was going to get it was from the more experienced divers and with more experiences of my own in a controlled manner.

It would have been much harder if I didn't have a good group of diving friends with more experience to teach me.

Reef tanks of death?

Would you also call someone who has a stray cat a cat killer? Just because there are people who put together reef tanks without knowing what they're doing and end up killing the fish doesn't mean having a reef tank is inherently wrong. First of all, you can buy farm-raised saltwater fish, just like you would your typical goldfish. Second, someone who really knows what they're doing can size a tank for the fish in it, so that the fish will have little perception of actually being inside a tank. If taken care of properly, the fish will live longer and healthier lives than in the ocean anyway. I personally think owning a dog or cat in a place like an apartment where they don't get the chance to run around freely outside is less ethical than someone having a proper reef tank.

Austin

I strongly feel in your situation based on the info. you have given us that it is critical to get as much training as is possible before you end up the subject of discussion in another forum on this board! As to us not telling about the poaching, You just Did and it is wrong!!! I wouldn't worry about the Bahamas not finding your disrespect amusing I think in the future I might be concerned about my character and the way it affects the other divers around me. Thank You, for sharing your experience, but if you continue the way you are going make sure the people who end up having to save you from yourself don't get hurt in the process!

Man, I am not here to dog anyone, but I am laughing my ***** off over. I just read all 9 pages of posts (20 minutes) and am floored by this guy. Not only does he begin the thread by admitting to poaching, and doing EVERYTHING wrong on a dive...but to see how defensive he got as others commented was truly a case study in "young, dumb, and full of...energy".

I'm still laughing...

Man I can't believe that I too just wasted 30 minutes of my life (that I will never get back BTW) reading about this "mental midget's" acts of stupidity. First of there's the poor diving skills/knowledge he demonstrates, and then there's the whole poaching thing.

Now it's one thing to humbly admit to doing something stupid, accepting the public lashing, learning from, and moving on from the incident of cranial flatulence that occurred. However to throw an infantile tantrum, in a childish attempt to deflect the inevitable verbal onslaught, bespeaks of an even deeper lack of maturity and respect for the very environment that we all hold dear. In plainer terms, I bespeak, good riddance to your young sir.

Man, it is true. When you apply enough vodka to a writer, they actually can find some minor diversion where they can use their over bloated vocabulary. eyebrow

Time for bed....gnite all.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom