BC HOSE RIPS OFF---No Positive Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JodiBB:
I was thinking the same thing....you beat me to it!

His inflator hose seperated from the BC.

a few people have commented on the multitude of things done wrong, and at least one person said they could not find a single one done right. in the interest of throwing a positive light here is one.

HE GOT LUCKY!!!

unfortunately that is not something that can be counted on in the future.
john do not try to justify your poaching. it was just wrong... no excuses
while a few people got a bit viscious, that did not occur until you tried to defend your actions.

I will make no comments with regard to FSU training as I have no personal experience with it, but if the training was even marginally acceptable, in order to stack up that many screwups in a single dive would require monumental levels of willful diregard of said training.

lose the attitude. learn from your mistakes. don't defend your screwups or they will happen again, and next time you may not be so lucky.

I don't want to read about any fatalities.

TheRedHead:
His inflator hose seperated from the BC.
I once rented faulty equipment where the inflator hose would separate from the BC upon impact of hitting the water (not that I knew this when I rented the equipment or did my BWRAF at the surface!). When I realized at depth what was going on, I could still oral inflate my BC at depth to help me get to the appropriate buoyancy. Upon getting to the surface, I was able to oral inflate my BC so I didn't have to worry about sinking once at the surface. The point is that if your inflator hose doesn't work or disconnects, oral inflation is the next best thing.

JodiBB:
When I realized at depth what was going on, I could still oral inflate my BC at depth to help me get to the appropriate buoyancy.

That's the HP hose connected to the regulator. His problem was the corrugated hose connected to the BC itself. He was able to put air into the hose, it leaked out of the BC.

TheRedHead:
That's the HP hose connected to the regulator. His problem was the corrugated hose connected to the BC itself. He was able to put air into the hose, it leaked out of the BC.
Ah....thanks for the clarification! :wink:

Hey FSU John, I live in orlando. if you get down this way, look me up. I'll dive with you. To all who are going to ask, No I'm not a poacher. No I'm not stupid. I am sure he has learned from his mistakes. Normally when people jump all over someone and start preaching to them like you guys did to him, those preachers KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE what he did wrong (i.e. poaching). Anyway, John & Kurt too, if you get down this way send me a msg and we'll go diving. I aint skeered.

NJdiver85:
I don't think anyone should be giving this guy advice.

I would say we should because someone who is NOT a poacher could learn from his mistakes and the advice given. This is an accident "analysis" forum so to speak and his experience could be a learning device for other, more respectful and respectable divers - his illegal activity is secondary to that in this context . . . JMHO

FSU John:
I in fact, never said we were the best divers, nor have I said I am the best diver in the world. I said we were the best trained divers,

And there in lies a great point . . . training doesn't mean squat if it isn't put into proper practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom