Taxi from the Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to take a shuttle from the airport to your hotel. No taxi's unless you want to haul your gear out to the main road. You will be able to get a taxi BACK to the airport but not FROM the airport.

I, too, have a question! We also arrive on Saturday. On all of our previous trips we had transfer vouchers and it was a breeze. This time we are on our own! Where do we purchase a shuttle ticket? How much do they cost? We will be staying at Caribe Blu.

Michelle & Rick

Firerescueguy:
I will flying in this Saturday, Where do you catch a Taxi when leaving the airport?
There are no taxis at the airport instead there are vans that take multiple people to multiple hotels. After you get through customs there is a window to the far left that you buy your tickets. After you have a ticket just step outside and someone will direct you to a van. It really easy, and the ride is around $10 if I remember correctly.

d56nut:
You have to take a shuttle from the airport to your hotel. No taxi's unless you want to haul your gear out to the main road. You will be able to get a taxi BACK to the airport but not FROM the airport.

I, too, have a question! We also arrive on Saturday. On all of our previous trips we had transfer vouchers and it was a breeze. This time we are on our own! Where do we purchase a shuttle ticket? How much do they cost? We will be staying at Caribe Blu.

Michelle & Rick

Eight bucks, I'm pretty sure. After you pass through Customs (red light/green light), turn left and look for the ticket booth. It's pretty obvious.

Just ignore all the guys with "$8 Jeeps" for rent unless you want to buy a time share. Almost to the far left is the ticket counter.

The shuttle price varies depending on the hotel. $8-10 sounds about right for Caribe Blu. Less for hotels downtown, more for the hotels way down south.

As previously posted, it's easy. Just look confused and someone will point the way. Or follow someone who looks less confused than you feel!

Welcome, in advance, to Cozumel!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

d56nut:
You have to take a shuttle from the airport to your hotel. No taxi's unless you want to haul your gear out to the main road.
You can get a taxi if you do haul the gear to the road... it's about a city block walk to the right after you walk out the doors. Just walk past the parking lot and the parking gate and you're almost there. Once again, go to your right... just ignore all the time share salesmen.

Next time that's what I will do if i don't get picked up. It will be much quicker than waiting for the van to fill up and cheaper too.

Michelle,

I'm on the same plane and I know how to do it. I will show you the booth. If my divemaster is not busy he will pick me up (and maybe you) if he has the bigger car. If not Nancy and I will walk to the street for a cab as we just have carry on with wheels. See you in Charlotte.

Anyone else coming in on US Air from Charlotte at 1:30 Just look for a fat balding guy (thats me with my dive buddy in the picture to the left)53 years old with a wife with short white hair. We both will have Cozumel linen jackets. I'll be glad to help.

Lou

Moodiejeff:
You can get a taxi if you do haul the gear to the road... it's about a city block walk to the right after you walk out the doors. Just walk past the parking lot and the parking gate and you're almost there. Once again, go to your right... just ignore all the time share salesmen.

Next time that's what I will do if i don't get picked up. It will be much quicker than waiting for the van to fill up and cheaper too.

I, for one, don't mind the shuttle. I usually am outa there pretty fast, and saving a few bucks isn't worth the 100 yd schlep to the street, especially seeing as how "traveling light" doesn't seem to be in our vocabulary. YMMV, of course.

ggunn:
seeing as how "traveling light" doesn't seem to be in our vocabulary.
It wasn't in ours either... but we got lucky, Christi was on our flight! Actually we sat next to her on the flight from Houston. Mago had left her truck right out front for us. Now we're spoiled!

My point is, if you can easily manage your luggage, a taxi is a definite possibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom