Basic q about PADI tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gibo_ie

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
My first post here so sorry that it is very basic.

It has been a while since my OW and i am getting back into diving here in Ireland (cold) and i have done a few shallow (15-20ft) lake dives with buddies to get back into the swing of things.
My question is: Is there a document on how best to read the PADI dive tables?
Thanks
Martin

djkpsu:
If you have your Open Water course book it is in there, but if not try this http://www.scubadiver.cc/padirdp.htm
Actually, the current PADI Open Water manual doesn't have instructions on how to use the RDP... just some general discussion on table use. You're supposed to get a separate set of instructions with your RDP when you're going through the course, but that doesn't always happen... especially when you're far from the PADI flagpole, like here overseas.

Excellent link you provided, though! :D

Oh, and Martin... Welcome to ScubaBoard!!

--Marek

And don't forget, if you want to practice table problems, download my Computerized Table Tutor software, it will do billions of questions, in metric or imperial, with 9 different table formats... It's free to any scubaboard members...

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TableTutor

Just email or PM me with your shareware number after you install it, and let me know your on scubaboard and I'll give you an unlock code for free.

The PADI OW manual comes with a RDP Supplement that explains exactly how to use it, with examples and all.

Marek K:
Actually, the current PADI Open Water manual doesn't have instructions on how to use the RDP... just some general discussion on table use. You're supposed to get a separate set of instructions with your RDP when you're going through the course, but that doesn't always happen... especially when you're far from the PADI flagpole, like here overseas.

Excellent link you provided, though! :D

Oh, and Martin... Welcome to ScubaBoard!!

--Marek

BrianS:
The PADI OW manual comes with a RDP Supplement that explains exactly how to use it, with examples and all.

Our OW course in Oz only rented the manuals to us and i dont have one. If i could buy the manual on CD i probably would and guess this is something i should check out as i am doing specialities like Dry Suit etc. at the moment.

gibo_ie:
Hi all,
My first post here so sorry that it is very basic.

It has been a while since my OW and i am getting back into diving here in Ireland (cold) and i have done a few shallow (15-20ft) lake dives with buddies to get back into the swing of things.
My question is: Is there a document on how best to read the PADI dive tables?
Thanks
Martin
From my experiences you can use the PADI wheel if available, it is easy to read and has no graphs to follow. If availiable check out using the wheel.

I know my LDS does a refresher course, I am not sure if it costs, but I know they go over some refresher things, like the RDP tables. Also there is the little supplemental book that comes with the RDP, but if you haven't been in a while a refresher course at your LDS might be a really good idea, depending on how long it has been since your last dive.

Back
Top Bottom