Hello from Stuart Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n00dles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! New diver here. Just got my OW and want to get around 20 more dives in before getting my AOW.
I have my own gear, some of which I was able to pick up slightly used at a great price.
Looking for a dive buddy in Martin County Florida who won’t mind diving with a beginner.
Anyway, dive safe. 🤙🏼

@MrChen just may be your guy. He's well known to dive with ANYONE, even me!! He also lives in Martin County. He's a great diver, excellent photographer, and all-around good guy.

Many of us dive regularly in Palm Beach County (Jupiter, Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Blue Heron Bridge) and Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano Beach). You should be able to find a buddy or two on here. I'm unfortunately dry for 2-3 months due to a broken clavicle. Should be back diving in Nov-Dec.

@MrChen just may be your guy. He's well known to dive with ANYONE, even me!! He also lives in Martin County. He's a great diver, excellent photographer, and all-around good guy.

Many of us dive regularly in Palm Beach County (Jupiter, Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Blue Heron Bridge) and Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano Beach). You should be able to find a buddy or two on here. I'm unfortunately dry for 2-3 months due to a broken clavicle. Should be back diving in Nov-Dec.
I’m sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it’s not too painful & you recover quickly.

Thanks for the dive buddy tip. I’ll reach out to him.

I got my OW through Stuart Scuba & we dove Ron’s Rock in Palm Beach. It was awesome! Would love to do Blue Heron but I hear it’s very crowded due to the short dive window. I think I’ll hold off until I’m more experienced. I would also like to check out the artificial reefs in Martin County. I need to get more dives under my belt so I can focus less on what I’m doing & more on the beauty around me.

Thanks for the response & get well soon.

The artificial reefs in Martin County are probably going to be much more challenging than the Blue heron bridge, particularly if you are starting out.

Great diving and even better spearfishing in that area. Make sure you hook up with someone for the Blue Heron Bridge.

The artificial reefs in Martin County are probably going to be much more challenging than the Blue heron bridge, particularly if you are starting out.
Good to know. Thank you.
I just saw that some of them are quite deep & beyond AOW depth. I don’t really plan on certifying beyond AOW but we’ll see.

Great diving and even better spearfishing in that area. Make sure you hook up with someone for the Blue Heron Bridge.
Yeah, I have a friend that used to dive but hasn’t in over a decade. He’s expressed some interest in getting back into it so I’m trying to get him going so we can be dive buddies.

Where is Martin County? I am in the Tampa area and have a few nice spots to dive locally.

Where is Martin County? I am in the Tampa area and have a few nice spots to dive locally.

The county just north of Palm Beach County. Just north of Jupiter proper. It has Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, Jupiter Island & Palm City to name a few towns.

The county just north of Palm Beach County. Just north of Jupiter proper. It has Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, Jupiter Island & Palm City to name a few towns.
Exactly what @Divin'Papaw said. It’s a 2.5+ hour drive from Tampa on the east coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom