How about this?? Nitrox c-card without a single checkout dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what is experience enhancement anyway? I thought you didn't want to take LSD when you are diving anyway?

It occurs to me that one way that dives are useful, for those with a bit less experience, is that by diving with an instructor, you can concentrate on the new elements in dive planning. If you are still concentrating on gear setup etc, it is likely the added elements of nitrox diving, as simple as they may be, may be missed...

So far, the consensus seems to be that if you have limited number of dives, there is benefit to ANY supervised dive, and therefore, are valuable as part of ANY course, nitrox included.

However, there equally seems to be consensus that there is no instrinsic value in dives for the nitrox course.

Is that a fair assesement?

Ken

PS. I hope some instructors return to this...I feel we are missing their $.02

kwesler:
It occurs to me that one way that dives are useful, for those with a bit less experience, is that by diving with an instructor, you can concentrate on the new elements in dive planning. If you are still concentrating on gear setup etc, it is likely the added elements of nitrox diving, as simple as they may be, may be missed...

So far, the consensus seems to be that if you have limited number of dives, there is benefit to ANY supervised dive, and therefore, are valuable as part of ANY course, nitrox included.

However, there equally seems to be consensus that there is no instrinsic value in dives for the nitrox course.

Yes

Hey MB, you might want to read the entire post before you comment on it.
Uncle Ricky was the first to use the term "experience enhancement" not me, and Where are you coming up with local dives in my area costing $55.00?????????????????, I know I didn't post that.

Also, I never posted there is nothing else for us to learn. What I did post was 2 Nitrox Dives with an instructor wouldn't necessarily improve our knowledge of Nitrox since it's mostly a cognitive and theoretical course more than anything else.

And yes, when we're on vacation and diving, I don't like to be on a specific schedule, I get enough of that during the work week.

kwesler:

unless the course taught in-water oxtox rescue skills like it should.

if i hadn't had access to a course that did teach those skills, i would have been happy with one of the over-the-internet courses...

now THAT'S interesting! Did they teach in water oxtox skills? If so, what agency and what course?

Ken

kwesler:
now THAT'S interesting! Did they teach in water oxtox skills? If so, what agency and what course?

Ken

SSI Nitrox course, but from fifthd and influenced by GUE RecTriox/Tech 1.

nauidiver2004:
I don't believe that dives are required to be certified thru NAUI, they are optional. You can obtain one of two different cards depending on wether you choose to complete the dives or not. My personal view is that EANx certification does not require dives as the knowledge required is theoritical in nature. I can see why some organizations would require dives. Money aside, demonstrating the skills to properly plan a dive under the perceived added stressor of having to execute the dive moves the theoritical knowledge into the practical relm. Some people are much better practical learners.
As for the trimix question. I don't see where it has any place in his question. His question clearly demonstrates his level of knowledge in the physiology in breathing gasses and adding this information might just confound the answer.

Thats my answer, but only becaused you asked.

Ken

Late in the game. But ken, i';m sorry

I missjudged you.

Not a troll.

I'm sorry again man.

Back
Top Bottom