Zoop not recognised windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim2

New
Reaction score
Hello

I've posted something similar on the 'software' branch as I'm not sure what is actually causing the issue. Sorry for the duplicate.

Anyway - I've just purchased a cable for my old Zoop. I downloaded DM5 with associated drivers and plugged it in. No joy.

Had a look in device manager to see if was there and yes - the zoop is recognised but apparently the drivers are not up to date. I've uninstalled and re-installed to no effect.

Log below.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

Any advice welcome, it is very 'frustrating;

Thanks
Jim

Hello

I've posted something similar on the 'software' branch as I'm not sure what is actually causing the issue. Sorry for the duplicate.

Anyway - I've just purchased a cable for my old Zoop. I downloaded DM5 with associated drivers and plugged it in. No joy.

Had a look in device manager to see if was there and yes - the zoop is recognised but apparently the drivers are not up to date. I've uninstalled and re-installed to no effect.

Log below.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

Any advice welcome, it is very 'frustrating;

Thanks
Jim

Try a different logbook program, DM5 is terrible and may be part of the problem. I had no problem using Sunsurface with a Suunto and the cable. It’s a free program so nothing to loose.

Got the same error message with a Zoop Novo on a 2021 Lenovo running Windows 10

Tried using "Subsurface" instead of DM5. No dice. The issue is in the USB driver file. Windows 10 does not like something about that file.

Multiple exchange with Suunto Tech support. They analyzed the error messages and said they can't help; it's in the computer.

Working with my local computer shop to try to figure a way to get the computer to accept the driver file.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom