Zoop 2-Gauge Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BT - Thanks for the input. That really reinforces all the reviews I was able to track down for each piece of gear. The Airsouce 3 in particular seemed a very strange setup to me.

In any case, I'm going to probably going to go with an upgrade of some type on the Octo. I don't like the idea of my buddy being out of luck on a air-share ascent because I went cheap on my alternate. I've seen the Legend recommended as a good Octo in a few places, so I'm going to take a look at that in the shop.

Tide,

Are you talking about atlanticedge as your lds? I am wondering the same thing and after reading your forum I have a good idea on it. Have you purchased the package yet with the different octo?

Atlantic Edge is indeed my local shop. I stopped by the Annapolis location on Saturday and wound up purchasing the package.

I toyed with the idea of going with a different Octo (came very close to doing so, in fact), but wound up staying with the ABS. That's the alternate that AE uses for their rentals, but more importantly they use it for their classes. I did my pool work with them and the ABS worked just fine during our shared air training in class.

I also took a look at a back inflate BC as opposed to the jacket BC that comes with the package, but I actually felt a little better in the jacket.

The staff were very open to mixing and matching, so even if you're not wild about one or more of the items, I'd still go down and check it out. I'm picking my rig up this week, and am hoping to get it in a quarry this weekend. If I do I'll post back with my first impressions.

I toyed with the idea of going with a different Octo (came very close to doing so, in fact), but wound up staying with the ABS. That's the alternate that AE uses for their rentals, but more importantly they use it for their classes. I did my pool work with them and the ABS worked just fine during our shared air training in class.
The ABS will deliver air. It just doesn't provide a very good breathe, in my opinion.
I also took a look at a back inflate BC as opposed to the jacket BC that comes with the package, but I actually felt a little better in the jacket.
Did you ever try using a back-inflate BC on a real world dive?
It's the kind of thing that you really need to try out to appreciate.
The staff were very open to mixing and matching, so even if you're not wild about one or more of the items, I'd still go down and check it out. I'm picking my rig up this week, and am hoping to get it in a quarry this weekend. If I do I'll post back with my first impressions.
It sounds like your dive shop is a good one. Let us know how the rig dives. Have fun!

I have the Zoop , it is gr8 and easy to use . For an entry level computer , it has more options than any other manufacturers.

Atlantic Edge is indeed my local shop. I stopped by the Annapolis location on Saturday and wound up purchasing the package.

Tide I ended up going this past Saturday to the shop in Gaithersburg, I got the following:
Pro QD BCD (this felt more comfortable to me and fits better to my plans.)
Titan Regulator 1st/2nd stage
Air Source 3 ( I got this because I thought it would be better to have something that is a little bit more streamline)
Zoop 2 gauge console computer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom