Zodiac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We routinely carry six divers in a 16 footer, and the entire tribe in MK V! I actually saw a car being moved from one ship to another in a MK V (which is about 20').

tribaltim:
3 sometime 4 on my 14" Achilles with 25hp engine. If you look at my Gallery then you can see a picture of it.

Tim

PM sent to Tim, i was thinking of a 14' Achilles myself, possibly with the 30HP... be ok with 3-4 divers?

Any chance that a 30HP on a 14' will tow a wake-boarder??

Masterfish:
PM sent to Tim, i was thinking of a 14' Achilles myself, possibly with the 30HP... be ok with 3-4 divers?

Any chance that a 30HP on a 14' will tow a wake-boarder??

Yes you can pull a wake-boarder with a 30hp engine on a 14' Achilles....

I have a 14 foot Novurania, hypolon fabric, high quality equal to a Zodiac. I have run 25 to 50 horse engines on it. I carry easily three divers, two is perfect and have carried four. Two divers plus tender works fine. Tanks and gear need to be stowed carefully. I tend to just pile it all in and then we sit on it--lol. I do strap the tanks so they do not become missles if we go airborne which can happen in a small boat in the ocean.

Wake boarding needs large wakes and slow speeds.Most inflatibles do not like the transition point to planning and tend to rise way bow high!!! I have pulled skiers on slalom with mine and the 50 horse Merc. I pulled slalom with a 35 also. A wakeboard should be easy other than no wake. I am looking to get an engine again for this boat and I wil likely move down to a 25 horse (used) since I have a BW Outrage 190. N

I have a 10' w/10hp and it'll plane out to sites in the gulf with single tanks for each diver(2). It'll hold 3, but it won't plane, still great for running up rivers/creeks to the springs.

dannobee:
Two divers are perfect in my 10' Avon. Three is a stretch, but possible if we're not going too far out there.

What size engine do you have on the Avon? I have the same boat and used to use it alot for fishing before I got into diving. Mine was rated for a 15 hp but I found that this was too much power when I was alone in the boat.

Maybe with two divers and gear the 15 hp would be perfect. I sold the 15 when I bought a bass boat but I still have a little honda 5 I with it occasionally. The Avon is a tough and dependable little boat.

Mine has a 10hp mercury 2 stroke. It's perfect for it.

FishDiver:
dannobee:
Two divers are perfect in my 10' Avon. Three is a stretch, but possible if we're not going too far out there.

What size engine do you have on the Avon? I have the same boat and used to use it alot for fishing before I got into diving. Mine was rated for a 15 hp but I found that this was too much power when I was alone in the boat.

Maybe with two divers and gear the 15 hp would be perfect. I sold the 15 when I bought a bass boat but I still have a little honda 5 I with it occasionally. The Avon is a tough and dependable little boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom