Zeagle yoke valve insert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody know if the Zeagle DIN to yoke insert (Amazon.com: DIN Valve to Yoke Valve Insert For Scuba Tanks: Online Scuba) will work with a Worthington/XS Scuba tank?

The details say it only works with a 200bar valve. The valves on my XS Scuba tanks are 3442psi (230bar?). I realize this seems like a no-brainer but I haven't been able to find 230bar valve inserts, so...

Many thanks.

They SHOULD work. However, I have seen a couple of inserts that were too long for a particular valve.

Anybody know if the Zeagle DIN to yoke insert (Amazon.com: DIN Valve to Yoke Valve Insert For Scuba Tanks: Online Scuba) will work with a Worthington/XS Scuba tank?

The details say it only works with a 200bar valve. The valves on my XS Scuba tanks are 3442psi (230bar?). I realize this seems like a no-brainer but I haven't been able to find 230bar valve inserts, so...

Many thanks.

I agree with the others that it should work, but if you want 100% verification, send a pm to [user]scottzeagle[/user]. He should be able to tell you what comes in the Zeagle brand stuff and if it will work.

It may also depend what kind of XS valves you have. There are some that are listed as "dedicated" DIN valves, which don't come with the inserts -- I'm not sure if they have the dimples on the back to accept the pointy end of the yoke screw. I've also seen DIN valves in Europe that were too "fat" for a yoke to go over them.

It may also depend what kind of XS valves you have. There are some that are listed as "dedicated" DIN valves, which don't come with the inserts -- I'm not sure if they have the dimples on the back to accept the pointy end of the yoke screw. I've also seen DIN valves in Europe that were too "fat" for a yoke to go over them.

300 bar DIN valves have no dimple on the back side for a yoke.

The reason for DIN and Sport DIN (200 bar) goes back a number of years to Scuba Pro as a safety precaution.

300 bar DIN valves have no dimple on the back side for a yoke.

Well, yeah, to prevent them from being used with a 232-BAR yoke reg; they also have seven threads, so a five-thread insert can't be used in any case. And the seven threads, of course, insure those valves also can't be used with 232-BAR DIN regs (the "DIN sport" regs NetDoc referred to?).

But the valves I saw in Europe (Red Sea, actually) were five-thread 232-BAR ones. Five-thread inserts fit them fine. There was just no dimple on the back; and I couldn't use my regs, which had yokes then, with those particular valves. That was 2004.

Thanks very much for the info and suggestions... it sounds like they will PROBABLY work. For $13, I'll gamble that it will work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom