Zeagle Teleoz or Other Compact Travel Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karlslee

New
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any pros/cons against the Zeagle Teleoz fins? I am looking for a simple, lightweight, easy to pack travel fin. I am interested in them for the following reasons:

* lightweight and easily packable
* versatile as I can use with bare feet or with booty for rocky shoredives
* not a big fin for when I go cenote diving
* supposedly very comfortable

I am looking for an all-in-one fin I guess. I was always told that scuba is a lazy man's sport and that I should relax and take it easy underwater. Why would I need a super fast or super efficient fin? I primarily do warm, relaxing caribbean diving.

I currently use the open heel Aeris Velocity and am just looking for a simpler set-up.

Thanks in advance. This site is a wonderful resource.

-Karl

Karl,

The Teleoz fin is good for all the reasons you mentioned above. It is not exactly a "conventional looking" fin, and therfore many people refuse to try it out. I have used them for recreational diving all over Florida and the Caribean, and they work great.

I know I am probably biased, and to be 100% honest, I use my Cressi Garas for spearfishing (for that power kick) but for recreational diving, I do not hesitate to recommend the Teloeoz fins.

Dive safe,

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the fast reply. I am going to buy them!!! Look forward to using them.

-Karl

The Teleoz fin is good for all the reasons you mentioned above.

Hi, I'm resurrecting this 4+ year-old thread to ask about the re-design of the Teleoz. When did the redesign come out, and what is the difference?

I'm contemplating a pair for boat diving in Indonesia. I think I would love them most of the time. My only concern is whether kicking into substantial currents would make me wish I had bigger fins. Then again, how much kicking do you ever do on boat dives?

To be honest, I've never found fins to be a big issue. I bought some Apollo Bio fins for a dive trip in the Pacific Northwest, but probably would have been fine with my regular ancient fins if they had fit over the thick boots I bought to use in Pacific NW... You mention the thrust advantage of some other fins... but the majority of time I'm swimming slowly anyway to take photos... so maybe I'd love the comfort and weight of these.

I have used the Teleoz fins a lot in Bonaire. I checked out the new EZ Travel Fins at Our World in Chicago. They are a little bit stiffer with a combination rubber and plastic body. There are new formed elements on the fins said to improve propulsion.

The biggest change was an additional strap over the foot. I think this will make it easier to don and doff the fins. You can leave the front strap alone making it easier set and tighten the ankle and heel straps.

I always found these fins comfortable. The Teleoz are a bit flexible, but were so light you could really kick rapidly and drive ahead. The force of the kick comes more through your thighs than your calves. I always had fewer fatigue and cramping issues with these fins. I think the new model would be about the same.

I think a lot of people overlook the weight of their fins when they consider the swimming action of them. A lighter fin will require less force to kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom