Zeagle Stilleto v. Aeris Reef Rider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the Reef Rider for a few years and I love it. I copmared it to the Zeagle before I bought. First, the Reef Rider is a great warm water BC. Very comfortable as it is lined in something like velour/suede. The Zeagel was not. Pockets are better on the RR as is the weight system. RR has a "mini" hard backpack (so only one tank band) that works OK. Zeagle has no back pack (the tank is the back pack!) so it has two tank bands. Can release weights one at a time if you want to from the RR, you must dump them all at the same time with the Zeagle. No inherent bouyancy on the RR-I don't know about the Zeagle. I don't like the RR plastic D rings-some kind of weight saving gimmick. You will have to convert them to clip attachements, etc. Zeagle's SS D rings are better. Finally, the RR can be had for about half the price of the Zeagle if you look around or buy it as part of a "you build it" package. Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom