Zeagle Slimline Gauge question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSpock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a Zeagle Slimline pressure gauge and there is a rattling noise inside when I shake it. Like a loose spring or something. I haven't got a chance to try it yet, but wonder if it's normal? I don't recon any noise from any of my other gauges (Mares, Tusa, US Divers), which are way bigger than this one. Could that be because it is "miniature" and brass?

:confused:

ZGLPG.jpg

If you bang the gauge several times on a hard surface that will make the rattling stop.

No, wait, I'm kidding. Assuming the rattle is not too loud, it is normal, and I bleive a result of the bourdon tube. I have a couple of these and they also make that sound. It isn't so much a rattle as you can hear "movement" inside, right? Sort of a subdued sound? That is not a problem.

If you are getting a serious rattle then that might be a different matter. perhaps check it against a different gauge for peace of mind.

Thanks, jd950

I made 8 dives with it this weekend after testing it on the surface. It works perfect!

Back
Top Bottom