Zeagle: Ranger or Brigade ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way...

Scott... Larry.... who thought up the name "Brigade" and why?

Escape makes sense for a travel BC
Ranger makes sense for a tough, semi-technical BC

What was the rationale behind "Brigade," other than that it has a nice ring to it?

Hi Scott,

as I mentioned before I have a Ranger and think the world of it. In order to fit right mine is a medium with a large harness. Given that dealers configure the BCs as needed, can a Ranger be ordered with the Escape's bladder? Nothing wrong with the Ranger tag ... that would be the solution for divers wanting to do business with their LDS.

While you here a different subject:
I also dive with a bp/w, and when I do I use a DUI W&T, as this is as close to a ripcord system I could get. Not quite as good, I believe, as the DUI drops the weight pockets with the weights rather than let the pouches fall out.
Don't know if the subject ever came up in Zephirhills, but I still think a Zeagle Ripcord Harness would be great (maybe with the indipendent side releases that Barracuda Germany uses).

:wink: Stefan

Can Zeagle make web registration available for the Brigade? I know it's a "custom" item, but it would be nice to do it on-line if at all possible.

Makes perfect sense. Done

LeFlaneur:
By the way...

Scott... Larry.... who thought up the name "Brigade" and why?

Escape makes sense for a travel BC
Ranger makes sense for a tough, semi-technical BC

What was the rationale behind "Brigade," other than that it has a nice ring to it?

We were on the phone, working out the details of the BC... and one of us came up with it. I'm really not sure which at this point. But if you like it... I'll take credit for it.

And yea, just sounded nice after we said it - so it stuck.

The rational for the BC itselft was, although I love my ranger, too bulky for travel. When using the Escape, I missed my big shoulder D rings, and the heavier material - So I pulled the bladder off my escape - tossed it on my old ranger (which had the roll down pocket that I loved) and I had the perfect combo for me. I never needed the 44 pounds of ranger lift - so this gave me my d-rings, compact, sturdy, roll down pocket, and would cost less than a ranger.

So I called Scott... and he started sewing!

We just got in our other shipment yesterday. 5 pallets of Brigades, and a lot of them, I've ordered a Large with Medium shoulders, or an XXL with Large shoulders, etc.

This way we can custom fit the short fat, or the tall skinney guy with no problem.

Larry came up with the name. He gets all the credit if you like it, and the blame if you hate it! :D

Ynot: I sure hope not. Servicing something that allows you to breathe under water
should be done by trained professionals, imho...

Stefan: Yes, you can order a Ranger BC with a 35lb bladder from your LDS.
We actually DO have a ripcord weight system that can be added to our
backplate. It is part # 519-WS130RC.

To all: Yes, you can register the BC as a Ranger - no problem! ALWAYS keep your
original sales reciept in a safe place as your "proof of purchase". It proves you
are the original owner and insures your warranty!

Thanks to all of you who support the dive industry, and special thanks to those of you who chose Zeage gear!! :wink:

Dive safe,

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Larry came up with the name. He gets all the credit if you like it, and the blame if you hate it! :D

To all: Yes, you can register the BC as a Ranger - no problem! ALWAYS keep your
original sales reciept in a safe place as your "proof of purchase". It proves you
are the original owner and insures your warranty!

Thanks to all of you who support the dive industry, and special thanks to those of you who chose Zeage gear!! :wink:

Dive safe,

Scott

Larry also keeps a copy of your sales receipt just in case you loose yours. Now Lord forbid that Scubatoys goes under, excuse the pun.

So would the price for a Ranger ordered with the smaller bladder be the same, more or less than a regular Ranger? I guess what I am getting at is that someone might be better off ordering a Ranger and getting the smaller bladder (and trim pockets) instead of a Brigade. I know when I ordered mine the Ranger was on sale for the same price as the Brigade. I ALMOST ordered the Ranger instead since I couldn't get the Brigade cheaper.

I can only quote MSRP, but based on retail price, the cost of a Ranger Bc w/ a 35lb bladder would be $608.55.

I believe those Rangers that Larry has on sale are 2003 closeouts. If you hit the "check sizes" button, I think you will find only SM or XL available....

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom