Zeagle: Ranger or Brigade ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle:
I don't believe the Brigade is SUPPOSED to have the rear weight pockets on it...is it Larry?? :06:

As for the yellow weight pouches, I agree that they are quite handy to use, amd will definetly keep your weights from shifting around if you are only using a couple pounds per side!!

As for the original post - I honestly didn't read you "handle", but if you are mainly interested in travel, the Escape would definitley be a good choice!

Scott

Scott, it's supposed to according to the ad on his website....

If you ever need someone to test dive some Zeagle gear, just let me know. :D

ScottZeagle:
Hell, what do I know....I just make them... :wink:

James Goddard:
I used to use a Ranger BC. It is a strong BC that is built to last. However, there were a couple of things I didn't like about it:

1. It doesn't pack small. Your handle indicates that you like to travel a lot. The Ranger takes up a lot of room.
2. It's too positive. I dropeed at least 4lbs total weight when I switched away from it.

If you like to travel, then the Zeagle Escape might be the BC for you. I've never used one but a lot of people like it's size and functionality. Also, your profile doesn't indicate your gender, but if you're female, I have to say my wife absolutly loves her Zena.

James

yes, i travel, but not with my scuba stuff, so a travel bc is not my primary concern. i'm male, so the zena wouldn't be for me.

anyone know what the main difference(es) are between the zeagle escape and zeagle brigade?

I have a Ranger, and love it... but I haven't used the other ones, so I can't give you a very fair compairison. I don't think that I will ever switch away from Zeagle though... I love the BC, and just think that they have great products... so you picked a good name at least!

JMHO

Kayla

ScottZeagle:
I don't believe the Brigade is SUPPOSED to have the rear weight pockets on it...is it Larry?? :06:
Scott

Ok Scott... The last shipment had them on there... and according to shipping, I've got 5 pallets of BC's showing up today. They will have rear weight pockets right??

The main difference between the Escape and the Brigade is the harness(of course) and the SS D-rings. I did a review on the Brigade here just do a search for "Brigade" There are several threads containing info on it here.

I do have to agree that the yellow weight bags make life a lot easier, especially for $20. They would really come in handy if diving a boat and you want to hand up your weight before getting back on the boat.

Yes the Brigade does come with the trim pockets, at least mine did.

As for travel. I use a 18"x30" tub and the Brigade fits very nicely in it. I was totally surprised at how small I can actually get the BC if I wanted to. The big thing that makes the Ranger hard to travel with is the bladder not the harness.

Presonally, for the little bit of difference in price I would go for the Brigade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom