Zeagle: Ranger or Brigade ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on what style of diving you plan to do.

The Brigade BC is basically a Ranger BC, with just a few changes. It has a roll-up up pocket, no rear weight system, and a 35 lb single bag bladder.

If you don't NEED a 44lb bladder, the Brigade will probably work fine for you!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
Depends on what style of diving you plan to do.

The Brigade BC is basically a Ranger BC, with just a few changes. It has a roll-up up pocket, no rear weight system, and a 35 lb single bag bladder.

If you don't NEED a 44lb bladder, the Brigade will probably work fine for you!

Scott

wouldn't the rear weight system help keep me level on the surface with the back inflate?

travelmadness:
wouldn't the rear weight system help keep me level on the surface with the back inflate?

The rear weight system helps, but it's not entirely necessary in order to stay level. I have Zeagle Escape, it has the weight pockets, and I never use them. Don't over-inflate at the surface, and you won't have any problems. I just lean back, and I'm very comfortable. I'm going to the Brigade in the next couple of days, just for the heavier harness system. I don't think you can go wrong with this one, it's an outstanding BC with a great warranty.

If you use a steel tank, that little problem will go away. Like already said, don't over inflate and lean back just a little.
travelmadness:

My brigade has a rear weight system; two pockets on the lower rear. I think they're rated at 8 lbs each. It's a really nice BC. It retains the Rangers wing clips in the event you want to change to a larger wing. The only thing it didn't have was those yellow thingies. They do make "weight management" an easier task, so get them.

travelmadness:
This Zeagle Brigade looks pretty sweet:

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleBrigade

Looks a little smaller and less bulky than the Ranger. I test dove a BP/Wing last weekend, but I still think I'm going the traditional back inflate route, mainly for comfort. I don't need the technical capacity.

Anyone think this Brigade is a nice choice?
I used to use a Ranger BC. It is a strong BC that is built to last. However, there were a couple of things I didn't like about it:

1. It doesn't pack small. Your handle indicates that you like to travel a lot. The Ranger takes up a lot of room.
2. It's too positive. I dropeed at least 4lbs total weight when I switched away from it.

If you like to travel, then the Zeagle Escape might be the BC for you. I've never used one but a lot of people like it's size and functionality. Also, your profile doesn't indicate your gender, but if you're female, I have to say my wife absolutly loves her Zena.

James

sauga:
My brigade has a rear weight system; two pockets on the lower rear. I think they're rated at 8 lbs each. It's a really nice BC. It retains the Rangers wing clips in the event you want to change to a larger wing. The only thing it didn't have was those yellow thingies. They do make "weight management" an easier task, so get them.

Just bought the "yellow thingies" from Larry on Monday, gonna give them a try on Saturday. It's gotta make the weights easier to use, especially if you're using 1 or 2 lb. weights.

James Goddard:
I used to use a Ranger BC. It is a strong BC that is built to last. However, there were a couple of things I didn't like about it:

1. It doesn't pack small. Your handle indicates that you like to travel a lot. The Ranger takes up a lot of room.
2. It's too positive. I dropeed at least 4lbs total weight when I switched away from it.

If you like to travel, then the Zeagle Escape might be the BC for you. I've never used one but a lot of people like it's size and functionality. Also, your profile doesn't indicate your gender, but if you're female, I have to say my wife absolutly loves her Zena.

James

James, the Brigade is a Hybrid. It has the Ranger harness, with the Escape bladder, so it will pack smaller.

I don't believe the Brigade is SUPPOSED to have the rear weight pockets on it...is it Larry?? :06:

As for the yellow weight pouches, I agree that they are quite handy to use, amd will definetly keep your weights from shifting around if you are only using a couple pounds per side!!

As for the original post - I honestly didn't read you "handle", but if you are mainly interested in travel, the Escape would definitley be a good choice!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom