Zeagle N2ition and Download to Windows 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Zeagle N2ition. I had been downloading my dives onto a PC with Windows XP, using APEKS Dive Log software. I now have a new laptop with Windows 8. Does anyone know if the Zeagle, it's download cable, and APEKS are compatible with Windows 8? Thanks.

Ed

Search ScubaBoard threads and you will find that the N2ition and 3 are not supported by windows 7...hence one would think win 8 is a wash as well. Keep your ole XP chugging along for your N2ition. I didnt get the closepin cable just because of the lack of support after XP.

Tried it myself on Windows 7 with no luck.

Try to install a virtual machine inside windows 8 that will run windows XP.

Step by step how to do it:

How To Run Windows XP In Windows 8 For Free Via VirtualBox [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

Another way to do this using Hyper-V

http://virtuallybright.com/2013/02/08/guest-post-run-windows-xp-inside-windows-8/

or Downgrade your windows 8 to Windows 7 and read below how you can run Windows XP like you used to :) :

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

Hope that one of these works for you.

Back
Top Bottom