Oceanic VEO 4.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TOPTECH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Subsurface compatibility? Looking at a VEO 4.0, Oceanic indicates it has Bluetooth for downloading to their proprietary DiverLog software product, it does not seem to have an optional USB cable. I'm a huge fan of Subsurface for logging dives and would like to use it with the new VEO, can anyone tell me if they are using it to download from a 4.0, thanks.

I connect to my Veo 4.0 using my Android phone from the subsurface mobile app via Bluetooth. Pretty much trouble free. No idea if you try Bluetooth from desktop, though I think it should work.

As far as I can tell there's no way to set the computer from subsurface. I think there is a bug with their proprietary DiverLog+ software, where if you set the computer setting from the app it always reverts to DSAT. Probably a firmware issue, because the computer seems to take every opportunity to change from Buhlmann ZHL-16c to DSAT. Its the same menu as setting the O2 percentage, so I don't tend to forget to change it back. I tend to configure my computer with by clicking rather than phone thorough.

There are also reports that libdivecomputer and now subsurface support the Deep 6 Excursion Dive Computer, if you are cross shopping. I don't know how they worked that out, but I'm glad they did. It would make the Excursion a strong contender if I were looking in that range again.

Thank you goldfishtornado, looking at the Deep 6 Excursion it looks like a better alternative for sure, love the rechargeable battery and large capacity dive storage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom