Zeagle N2ition 3 Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VictorP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I've been looking at this computer for sometime with the intention on buying it, however, there is something odd in the feature list of it. Hoping possibly someone can give me some clarification.

Zeagle:
  • Decompression stop times for as deep as 90 feet
  • Maximum depth 328 feet (100 meters) in dive mode and 656 (200 meters) in gauge mode

Does this mean that if I go lower than 30m it no longer calculates decompression stops? Seems odd that its max depth would be lower than where it stops calculating deco stops.

Can anyone offer clarification?

According to my owner's manual...

If the Deep Stops option is enabled in Dive Set mode, the computer will calculate and alert the diver to additional deco stops when in Decompression Mode and depth exceeds 69ft (21m).

A manditory decompression stop of 90 feet would be associated with an incredible total decompression time. I do not think this is a limiting factor for this computer. Perhaps you shoud review your diving goals and objectives relative to your computer limits.

Best of luck, Craig

........Does this mean that if I go lower than 30m it no longer calculates decompression stops? Seems odd that its max depth would be lower than where it stops calculating deco stops.

Can anyone offer clarification?
No, it means the deepest deco stop that the computer will calculate.
A deco stop stop is the depth at which you should ascend too - and perform a deco stop for a certain amount of time - when you are in a deco situation.

Let's say you descended to 150ft .... and you are now in deco ..... when a dive computer enters a deco situation it will start showing a quite shallow deco stop (let's say 10ft) for a short amount of time ... if you don't start ascending, then the dive computer will keep increasing the time .... to a certain point ... after which it will change the depth of the deco stop to a deeper level (let's say 20ft).
The dive computer will keep repeating this process of increasing the depth of the deco stops as long as you are not ascending.

A dive plan that requires a deco stop at 90ft is quite a challenging one .... and probably beyond your current level of training.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom