Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matthew hoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to buy this for my warm water trips. Which weight system do you guys and gals who already own this have? And would you now change your mind and use the other weight system. Example: go from the Ripcord to the Zip touch or vise versa. I was planning on getting the rear weight system and maybe two small weight pouches for the front but maybe I'm wrong and should stick with either the Ripcord or Zip in front. Please let me know. I want this to be light weight, simple and streamlined. The less bulky the better I say. Also what do you the owners of the Tech think of the pad kit? I already own the LTD and want to continue supporting this great company. Thank you for your time.

Matthew

The rig will dive better if the weights are just a little forward on your hips.
This placement makes the rig turn when you turn without you turning inside the harness.
The 519-WS120 , zip-touch weight system carries the weights farther to the rear on the diver, which is good if you are narrow in the waste.
The 519-WS130 ripcord weight system allows the weigh load to be farther forward from the back plate, which holds the rig in place on a diver with a bigger girth..

Is there a weight number we can use to begin estimating buoyancy, i.e. ~ -1.75 AL plate, ~ -5 SS plate. Is the ET positive, negative or neutrally buoyant?

I'm looking to buy this for my warm water trips. Which weight system do you guys and gals who already own this have? And would you now change your mind and use the other weight system. Example: go from the Ripcord to the Zip touch or vise versa. I was planning on getting the rear weight system and maybe two small weight pouches for the front but maybe I'm wrong and should stick with either the Ripcord or Zip in front. Please let me know. I want this to be light weight, simple and streamlined. The less bulky the better I say. Also what do you the owners of the Tech think of the pad kit? I already own the LTD and want to continue supporting this great company. Thank you for your time.

Matthew

There are a couple of ways to go about it. First off, how much weight do you need in warm water? I only need 4 lbs so my options are wide open. The simplest is just to use a weight belt, most travel places include them anyway so using theirs is the lightest option. On mine, I added a couple of pieces of weight belt material and sex bolts to the 2 gromets on each side of the BP. I thread the weightbelt material through a 2 lb on each side and hold it on with the sexbolts. You can also just thead a weight or to on the waist band harness. Not something I would recommend with a lot of weight but 2-4 lbs is not an issue. For an add on options, it again depends on how much weight you need. These are the ones that were (are??) used on the Scout. Rear Mount Weights - Weight Pouches and Systems - BC Accessories - Zeagle Dive Systems
I have used them for years and as long as you don't go above about 5 lbs each (10 total) they don't imbalance you badly. If you need more weight or want a little more balance, you could add a few pounds to the waist band as non ditchable weight. They are a good light weight and inexpensive option.

Is there a weight number we can use to begin estimating buoyancy, i.e. ~ -1.75 AL plate, ~ -5 SS plate. Is the ET positive, negative or neutrally buoyant?

Neutral

Thanks to everybody for your responses so far. In warm water I dive with 12 pounds. I like my ripcord system on my LTD. I havn't had to ditch my weights yet but I like how its out of the way. I will probably pop into Zeagle Express next time I'm down at my parents place in Florida. I want to try on the Express with both systems to see which I like more. What do you guys think of the pad kit?

cheers Matthew

IMO the pad kit is not necessary. Most of my dives are shore dives with some pretty long walks and as long as you have at least a rash guard on for protection it won't be a problem. Good luck and have fun diving in Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom