Zeagle Envoy Reg Service Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just over a year ago (April '07) I purchased new Zeagle Envoy regs at Diver's Direct in Fort Lauderdale Florida.

I recently attempted to have the annual service done there, but Diver's Direct no longer does service or repair. So I went to another dive shop, which specializes in other brands, to have the service done.

I've done about 20 dives on with the reg, and rinsed them religiously after each dive, so I was surprised to get a hefty bill for replacement of the 1st and 2nd stage parts. I thought that after one year perhaps the regs would be adjusted.

Dive shop guy told me that the parts would have to be replaced each year, and that I should have bought a Scubapro reg as all the parts are free for the life of the reg.

Is this normal? Any thoughts? I know other divers on this board have been very happy with their Zeagle regs and I have never heard any mention of such high service costs. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

How high was this "hefty"bill.
On annual service parts do get replaced but it "normaly"would not cost you much more then $70/80 max. including parst and work.

Call ScubaToys.

That's ridiculous. Should have cost you about $50. If they didn't want to provide Zeagle service they should have said so. Trying to sell you Scubapro makes no sense.

How high was this "hefty"bill.
On annual service parts do get replaced but it "normaly"would not cost you much more then $70/80 max. including parst and work.

$160 and some change. Sixty something in repair kit parts, and $95 in labor.

And no, I won't be going there again. Anyone have a suggestion for a good Fort Lauderdale area shop that services Zeagle regs?

If you purchased your Zeagle regs from an authorized dealer (and it sounds like you did), you get free parts for life when serviced by an authorized Zeagle dealer. I paid $65 for my last service of my Zeagle Envoy regs (first, second, octo), parts were free.

If you purchased your Zeagle regs from an authorized dealer (and it sounds like you did), you get free parts for life when serviced by an authorized Zeagle dealer. I paid $65 for my last service of my Zeagle Envoy regs (first, second, octo), parts were free.

That is correct.

Joh - Sounds to me like maybe you took the regs to a "non-Zeagle" dealer and they stuck you with the parts and labor. Telling you that you should of bought ScubaPro becuase they have a free parts policy is laughable, because we offer the exact same thing!!!

In the future, here are a few shops you can try...if Divers Direct doesn't get back into the servicing...

The Scuba Shop - Ft Lauderdale
Diving Technologies Intl. - Coral Springs
Underwater Unlimited - Coral Gables
Austins - Miami

Also, I guess I should tell you that we do service regs here at Zeagle, if you can't find anyone local who can do the job. We are a little more expensive than the LDS, but we will do it for you.

Thanks and I'm sorry for your troubles...

Scott

scott,
i'm having the same issues.
can you recommend a lds that will shoot me a fair deal?
king george is 1hr from dc and richmond.
thank you.

scott,
i'm having the same issues.
can you recommend a lds that will shoot me a fair deal?
king george is 1hr from dc and richmond.
thank you.

The closest Zeagle dealers that I would point you towards is The Dive Shop in Richmond or Atlantis Divers in Alexandria. You are kinda in "no mans land" as far as our dealers go...

Back
Top Bottom