Zeagle Doesn't Know the Words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the minuscule gap between the purge button and the diaphram was the source of the vibes. can't be adjusted out,though a thicker diaphram may eliminate the kazooo effect...lol

MY Dive Rite RG-2500s will do something similar if I take a deep breathe on the surface...as stated before the lack of dampening allows the diaphragm to move around too much...I wouldn't worry about it if the reg is otherwise performing properly and has been properly serviced.

I had a rental ScubaPro reg do that to me on a recent trip to Bonaire, but it wasn't exactly humming and I'm not sure a kazoo is the right word for the sound but my pre-dive checks quickly became: one breath, it works, good. ... Now I'm considering buying a Flathead 7, maybe I should get use to the pre-dive sound effects...

With some practice you can be quite entertaining. You just need to polish your routine.

I might have to try that if the opportunity presents itself. I can make a tune blowing on a blade of grass between my thumbs, so why not a reg? lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom