Zeagle concept warranty issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinars

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Zeagle Concept BCD, one dive put in storage due to obligations to uncle sam. I pulled it out and called Zeagle customer service on what they recommended for service, is there a bladder or other component upgrade ect who locally can look at it locally ect. They said send it in they will take care of it. I'm lead to believe that it is covered under "lifetime warranty". I send it in and get a call yesterday that they will upgrade components but I will have to pay cost plus $30 return shipping. Ah.. If I knew this I wouldn't have sent it in to them I would have brought it to the place of service. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he said he would do it at his parts cost. Wow thought they were free.. Anyways $50 in shipping and a bill on the way what does lifetime parts warranty mean. Is this common?

Well....

I went out to the service department to reasearch your post, and this is what I have come up with:

1. There is nothing really wrong with your BC.

2. As far as I can tell, you were originally interested in a bladder upgrade, but there is no need to upgrade your bladder, as it is in perfect condition.

3. You do have an older style of corrugated hose and power inflator which, from what I understand, you wanted replaced. Is that correct? Personally, I see nothing wrong with the corrugated hose, but I would probably upgrade the power inflator to the new Bx style. The retail price of the new Bx power inflator is $53, and the retail price of the complete Remote shoulder dump with corrugated hose and Bx power inflator is $128.70.

4. Shipping back to you, via UPS Ground, is $15.40....not $30.

There is a "lifetime parts policy" on regulators, but that has nothing to do with warranty, and doesn't really apply here anyway.

The lifetime warranty cover defects in materials and workmanship. It does not cover hoses, power inflators, etc. - and since I found nothing on your BC that looks defective in any way, I'm not sure what you are asking for???

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,

Scott

Not correct I was told shipping is about $20+ plus an additional charge to about $30 this was exactly what I was told. I called originally to ask customer service if they recommended replacing bladder based on the time in storage or if there were any recommended "warranty" upgrades/ recommended advisory upgrades since it was the original concept. When I asked before sending it in I was inquiring about wether there was a mandatory bladder upgrade since the poly bag inside didn't look like the one in a friends new Zeagle BCD. I also asked who locally could do this (inspect determine if it was up to snuff ect) I was told "why don't you send it into us and we will take care of it". My issue was based on the $20+ shipping to you the $30 back to me (susan told me this) $50 I would of rather brought it locally to have this done if your customer service had not told me to send it in. I asked about the bladder upgrade only when your service said it "looked ok" which didn't give me the warm fuzzies. Send it back to me and I will take care of it. The warranty question was brought up during my initial call to customer service. My intention was not to send it in just get information. Your customer service initially maybe misunderstood my inquiry but this seems to be a common theme. By the way the prices you are quoting now seem to have changed on parts from this morning is this the "you have annoyed us" price now? Send it back and I will make sure I remember and disseminate the correct warranty and customer service information about Zeagle in the future.

Last edited:
It is extremely difficult for me to come in after the fact and know exactly what was said, who said what, etc....so I won't even try.

This is what I know for certain, which is really the only thing that I can address at this point:

1. Your BC appears to be in perfect condition. We are doing a leak test on it overnight, just to make sure that it is holding air and doesn't leak.

2. Like I said before, the only thing that I would change on it is the inflator, as I feel that the new style is far superior to what was on there when you purchased it over 10 years ago.

The prices I quoted you above are the RETAIL price that any consumer would pay in the dive shop. I gave you those prices so that you could compare them with the price that you were quoted and understand that the Service Dept. and Customer Service were already trying to help you....there was never any "you have annoyed us" price. :)

To wrap this up, here is my solution:

Tomorrow, assuming that it passes the leak test, I will have the service department install a new Bx power inflator, test the BC again, and ship it back to you.

The power inflator and the return shipping are compliments of Zeagle Systems.

If that is unacceptable, please let me know!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Just based on reading your 2 posts I can see why there was a miscommunication between you and Zeagle. But as always, Zeagle has come through with excellent customer service that is above and beyond what they really should do.

I just have to point this out.....first post on this board is to complain about a vendor....

Not really. What you have to understand is there is a long standing tradition on this board for a fair hearing when things like this come up. There are plenty of times when we got a really bad "he said" from a first time poster only to find a totally differnet story from the "she said" side. It may not be fair but as a first time poster your motives are somewhat in question when the first 2 post are to complain about a manufacturer, esp when they are long time poster on this board with a well know reputation and are well respected, in this case Zeagle. Do a search on Zeagle and warranty, I think you will see what I mean.

I hope you will continue to visit the board and become an active member.

Actually Herman your fervour to diminish my comments here and in another post not even being edified in the particulars is what is disturbing. I think instead of wasting time discussing with you my rights to free speech I will use the time to donate to scubaboards defense fund.

Back
Top Bottom