Zeagle Brigade - Pull dump?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm pretty sure from what I’ve read that the Brigade has a pull dump on the inflator hose, but I can't seem to get mine to work. How hard do you actually have to pull? I've never used an inflator pull dump before, should it work while horizontal (I'm assuming that's the purpose of it)? Thanks.

Greg

You shouldn't have to pull it extra hard - just hard enough to open the valve.

Hold the plastic part that attaches to the bladder in one hand, pull the inflator with the other hand.

You should feel the valve pull open.

If it doesn't work, you will need to remove the inflator assembly and make sure that the stainless steel pin is through the loop on the cable.

Thanks,

Scott

Pardon my apparent ignorance, but this is the first time I have ever heard of a pull dump being a two-handed operation. Scott, is the reason for two hands a concern that using it is going to pull the fitting out of the wing? And please explain to me, if you are in a shared air ascent situation, how you hold on to a buddy while having two hands on the dump. Or am I totally missing something else here? While I'm at it, this sounds like another argument for a right shoulder dump on Zeagle wings.

Scott was describing the procedure to test the operation of the pull dump valve while the BC was sitting on a table or something. NOT while it was in use.

They work just fine in the water. Pull on the inflator and the shoulder dump dumps.

You shouldn't have to pull it extra hard - just hard enough to open the valve.

Hold the plastic part that attaches to the bladder in one hand, pull the inflator with the other hand.

You should feel the valve pull open.

If it doesn't work, you will need to remove the inflator assembly and make sure that the stainless steel pin is through the loop on the cable.

Thanks,

Scott

Nothing happens when I pull the hose while holding the plastic piece that connects the bladder. It looks like I'll have to remove the inflator assembly. Is that something I can do myself without ruining my BC, or do I need to take to an authorized dealer?

Nothing happens when I pull the hose while holding the plastic piece that connects the bladder. It looks like I'll have to remove the inflator assembly. Is that something I can do myself without ruining my BC, or do I need to take to an authorized dealer?
It is something that is easily done and you will have to learn to do anyway. About a 5 minute job. But if you have no idea how, better take it to somebody who can show you. A local shop or a friend.

Divers Direct are Zeagle dealers (and price match by the way).

You likely bought on line, so your other option is to send it back.

Scott was describing the procedure to test the operation of the pull dump valve while the BC was sitting on a table or something. NOT while it was in use.

They work just fine in the water. Pull on the inflator and the shoulder dump dumps.[/QUOTE

Well, dopey me, now that makes perfect sense! Yeah, I actually get the part about pulling it in use, since it's the only shoulder dump on my Brigade.

Don´t pull the hose, pull the inflator... I think the cable goes from the valve to the inflator, the corrugated hose only covers everything.

Thanks, that was my problem. I wasn't pulling the inflator. In fact when I pulled it a nice little puddle of salt water came out which is surprising considering how throughly I clean it both inside and out. I then hang dry it upside down in my garage for two days with the BX inflator off to dry. I can only imagine what would come out if I didn't have the BX inflator.

I'd still like to know how to take the inflator apart. Next time I'm in my LDS that sells Zeagle BC's I'll ask if they can show me.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom