Zeagle Back orders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it finally happened, the weight pouches that were ordered 1/21/11 showed up today 4/11/11. I hope that Zeagle and Pinnacle splitting will help Zeagle get back on the right track. Half baked excuses about supply vendors and you should have ordered from so and so just doesn't cut it. I like the products but will have to see about their parts supply in the future.

Note to Scott (Zeagle)
I am hearing all sorts of horror stories on this very topic at my LDS!
I push Zeagle products to everyone who will listen and even some who won't, But when a shop complains about Zeagles back order problems and quality control issues right infront of customers I question what is going on here!
Your lack of input to this thread even deepens my concern! I am your biggest fan! Please, Whatever happend, FIX IT! And FIX IT FAST!

Ajtoady, Glad to see you got the weight pockets! 3 months = unacceptable!
I want that peace of knowing in 15 years when my Ranger is worn to the nub, You'll still be arround!!

Well it finally happened, the weight pouches that were ordered 1/21/11 showed up today 4/11/11.

Cool! Whatever you do, don't lose them, lol.

Note to Scott (Zeagle)
I am hearing all sorts of horror stories on this very topic at my LDS!
I push Zeagle products to everyone who will listen and even some who won't, But when a shop complains about Zeagles back order problems and quality control issues right infront of customers I question what is going on here!
Your lack of input to this thread even deepens my concern! I am your biggest fan! Please, Whatever happend, FIX IT! And FIX IT FAST!

Ajtoady, Glad to see you got the weight pockets! 3 months = unacceptable!
I want that peace of knowing in 15 years when my Ranger is worn to the nub, You'll still be arround!!

I have been on the road for the past couple of weeks, and honestly haven't kept up with the board...sorry.

Things are getting back to normal around here. The fact that the Pinnacle thing is now behind us certainly helps us to switch the focus back to where it needs to be - making quality products and getting them out the door!!!

Many companies that supply our various materials have gone to what is called "lean manufacturing" and "Just in time" inventory, which basically means that they are not stocking materials like they have in the past. This has caused numerous delays to us getting items that are required. For example, we can have piles of Ranger BCs built and setting in final assembly - but no inner bladders, because the urethane people are backlogged on their end. This is just one example....and I talked about the weight pocket mesh earlier in this thread.

We have had to change our lead times and ordering policies to accommodate this, and it just doesn't happen overnight. Apparently, this is not just a "Zeagle problem". Dive shops have told me that other manufacturers in the industry are having similar problems...

The truth is, while unemployment is running high, we have actually hired more sewing people this year.

Yes, it sucks for everyone when we are out of stock on items, but we are getting it fixed - and things are getting better all the time!!!

As always, thanks for your support.

Scott

Thanks Scott, it always helps to have you listen and respond....even if there isn't much you can do to fix the problem immediately. At least we know Zeagle is more than aware of it and working hard to solve it. And congrats on hiring more sewing folks!!!

Have you checked with Gene at Zeagle Express? I just popped over to that website and see he's offering the ET but with 30, 35 and 44 lb bladders. You might try shooting him an email to see if/when he expects 24 lb bladders.

The Zeagle Express web site still says:

NOTE: We have sold out of the 30 and 35 lb bladders. You can pre-order them now with an estimated shipping date of March 20th. You can have your Express Tech shipped with a 44lb ranger bladder today for no additional cost.
(Emphasis supplied.)

I've sent an email. Waiting for reply.

The Zeagle Express web site still says:

(Emphasis supplied.)

I've sent an email. Waiting for reply.

I'm looking in my email box and I don't see anything.
Who did you send it to?
What is your question?

Somewhat on same topic.... I've been considering a Zeagle Scout BC. My brother dives one, I like it for the simplicity and quality construction, and the reasonable price. Called Scubatoys today, they said Zeagle has discontinued the Scout. Then called Leisurepro, they said they have backorders that they expect to get in. I don't want to order from Leisurepro then find out two months later that they are out of production, can anyone confirm whether this BC is still being made? Thanks!

I did not see a need to update the site until I get a firm delivery date from Zeagle.
I have clients waiting who have ordered and they know their Express Techs will be shipped in the order they were recieved.
If you had ordered you might have recieved your item, but as you did not I really didn't have a reason to contact you.
And while I do strive to set the benchmark in customer service, I do apologize if I didn't meet your expectations.

Back
Top Bottom