Zamboanga for 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinl4270

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello PPD,

I am doing ten days in Puerto Galera in late April and I will have ten days to fill in early May in Zamboanga. I have been searching and not found much in the area, and I am not too sure how safe it is for a white boy (puti cano) to be out and about alone in the area.
I have considred going to Davao or General Santos for a few days, but I can't stray too far because of some business in Zamboanga.
Anyone know of any outfits in the area or if anyone runs a live aboard near by? Is Tubataha Reef accessable from Zamboanga? Looks to be about 100 miles of open sea.

Thanks for any help or ideas!!!

How about going to Tubbataha instead of PG? There is no comparison here!!!
Gen San is better than Davao based on diving ONLY. However, there is direct flight between Davao and Zamboanga. From my own personal experience, weekend is the best as the local divers come out as well. You might have to charter your own boat during weekday!!!!
In Gen San you should contact either Tuna City Divers(Chris) or South Point Divers(Paul) for diving.
I can't help you on Zamboanga.

Thanks Centrals for the information. I would love to do Tubataha instead of PG, but I will have my family with me, and they do not dive. So our compromise is Puerto Galera.
I have been searching every where and not found any information on diving in Zamboanga. All the sites for Zamboanga say it is a great place to dive, but no information on who to contact.
Maybe I will have to set up a shop there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom