Zak Jones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow..... Thanks MDB for sharing that with us.. I feel better reading that! I was starting to loose faith in learnng the truth.

Hello.

I have been following this board since Zak died and I can stay quiet no longer. I am saddened that people think there is a "big coverup" and we are witholding information about the details of Zak's death. The truth is that the M.E. has not yet released any information. His gear is still being looked at and they are still running tests. I call frequently to try and move the process along.

So, for those of you that are "frustrated" and "losing faith in hearing the truth", and coming up "with your own theories". Get in line. No "truths will have to be dragged" from anyone. I am awaiting answers just as you are and when we know something we will let the dive community know.

Until then, please remember that many members of his family are on this board. While the sting/shock may have left some of you, it is still fresh for us.

Peter- It would be helpful if you would stop with baseless accusations. It is not helping the situation and Zak would not approve-just as he didn't approve when he was in Belize.

Ross-Stop with the "dragging the truth out of people". You have no idea what you are talking about AND you're not helping matters either.

Robyn Jones

rjones:
Hello.

I have been following this board since Zak died and I can stay quiet no longer. I am saddened that people think there is a "big coverup" and we are witholding information about the details of Zak's death. The truth is that the M.E. has not yet released any information. His gear is still being looked at and they are still running tests. I call frequently to try and move the process along.

So, for those of you that are "frustrated" and "losing faith in hearing the truth", and coming up "with your own theories". Get in line. No "truths will have to be dragged" from anyone. I am awaiting answers just as you are and when we know something we will let the dive community know.

Until then, please remember that many members of his family are on this board. While the sting/shock may have left some of you, it is still fresh for us.

Peter- It would be helpful if you would stop with baseless accusations. It is not helping the situation and Zak would not approve-just as he didn't approve when he was in Belize.

Ross-Stop with the "dragging the truth out of people". You have no idea what you are talking about AND you're not helping matters either.

Robyn Jones

I too am upset that some of you have nothing better to do than come up with your Mulder and Scully theories thinking there is some big coverup. These investigations take time, and there is no reason to think that local authorities have nothing better to do than cover this up. It also sickens me that your rambling theories have upset Zak's widow enough to post a message on this board. We all loved Zak and we all hope that these types of accidents never happen, but have some respect.

Robyn,

Please except our apologies. I’m sure I speak for others here when I say the very last thing we ever wanted to do is to cause you any more grief then you’ve already been through. I feel horrible for even reviving this thread when what I probably should have let it fade away quietly off the board.

Please know I never meant to hurt you, God knows you’ve had enough of that to last a lifetime. Nor did I mean to make you angry. I cant even imagine what you must be going through. I think I let my emotions get the better of me the day I made my last few post. I had tried to access one of the links that had Zak’s information on it and the link had been pulled (due to allowed time). My fear of people forgetting him over ruled my good judgment. It was selfish and distasteful, and for that I am very sorry.

Sincerely,
Vickie

rjones:
Hello.

Robyn Jones

Thank you Robyn.. I've subscribed to the thread so that I can keep up on what information may come our way and have found myself frustrated also. Not by the lack of information as anyone familiar with this type of thing knows that it can take a VERY long time for conclusions to be drawn and nothing will or should be released until it is conclusive. My frustration has been from reading how impatient people are, then see them come up with "theories" that have little or no foundation and making accusations that cannot be substantiated. If you have no real news about what happened it would serve every better if you just held your tongues and waited for something from those who will have first hand knowledge to pass along. And if none ever comes.. what does it really matter anyway.. it will not change anything for you or I really. I have lost someone for whom I had great respect. The things I learned from him are not diminished by my lack of knowledge about how he passed. And knowing will probably do me no service.

Thank you again Robyn. I don't know (and truly doubt) that you will remember me but I met you on a trip to the Channel Islands a few years ago. Rather then go through it all again I hope that you get a chance to read my first few posts to this thread as they tell how I have felt about your loss. My heart goes out to you. If there is ever anything that I can do, however big or small it may be, Please do not hesitate to ask.

Waynne

waynne_fowler@hotmail.com

rjones:

Until then, please remember that many members of his family are on this board. While the sting/shock may have left some of you, it is still fresh for us. Robyn Jones

Robyn: I join the others to offer my apologies for any additional pain to you and to the family. We all loved Zak; who would not? I will, forever, have a mental picture of his smiling face, always living life to the fullest. We miss him.

That should read waynne_fowler at hotmail.com. the underline in the above link is misleading..

Hi all,
I would like to take you back some on the thread. when I siad we would get the info to you when we got it and when we felt it right to share it. There is no room for folks to theroize on what happened. it just leads you into some other thoughts about what you think may have happened.
Peter, you should totaly stop with your blabber and focus on your shop. You did not treat Zak and Robyn very well when they lived in Belize and He worked so hard at bailing out your shop. You have zero room to talk about Zak.
Please keep the respect you all have shown in the past. We will not let you go un informed.

Dive safe and with in your limits...... UN

Back
Top Bottom