Zak Jones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba UN:
Later he says,THAT WORKED OUT WELL, I HAVE NEVER ANCHORED AT DUNCAN BEFORE. He smiles at me....
:laughing: hahahahahahahahaha! For some reason I'm just not all that surprised!

Merry Christmas yall!

After reading all the posts about Zak, it is crystal clear he was a well loved guy. I first learned of the tragedy on ScubaDiving.com. To say the diving community has suffered a great loss would be drastically insufficient. Although I did not have the pleasure of knowing him, it is readily apparent he will live on through the lives of those he so greatly influenced. My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family and many friends.

Blane J. Kusterle
Captain, Infantry
Baghdad, Iraq

I was just checking this thread again today to see f there had been any new updates or findings, sad to see there aren't.
does anyone know anything new?

baitedstorm:
I was just checking this thread again today to see f there had been any new updates or findings, sad to see there aren't.
does anyone know anything new?

Baitedstorm: Good question. It seems that the investigation is now done and time to learn some lessons from Zak's untimely death. I'm sure Zak would want the truth to be out.

I couldn't agree more. The sting from his sudden death is starting to fade (although it still makes us sad). I think tempers are less likely to flare at this stage and for most of us, we want answers.

There are some many thousands of divers here on this board, I know someone will have an idea as to how we can find out the details of this incident. please tell us where to start.

I met Zak while taking my DAN 02 instructor course in June. Very likable and you could sense his passion in diving. The dive industry will miss you.

I suspect we've heard all we will. I'm sure the facts were known to ProDive at the time, but they have their own reasons for not wanting to divulge them. I have my own theories, as probably do others.

peterbj7:
I suspect we've heard all we will. I'm sure the facts were known to ProDive at the time, but they have their own reasons for not wanting to divulge them. I have my own theories, as probably do others.

That's just not a good enough answer for me. I (like others I'm sure) need to know what happened. I think it's so very important that learn something from this. There has to be a way to find out something, anything..... I think I'll start with DAN and see if someone there can tell me the route to take to get some answers. I would imagine if there's any kind of law suit (no clue), maybe things will have to be hush hush.

I want to make sure Zak's family and friends who come to this thread from time to time are ok with us speaking openly about possible cause of death of our dear friend.

Please feel free to reply.

it has been almost two months since zak passed away and I like everyone else have been waiting for information. there should be some kind of preliminary information that can be release now as to what has been learned to date. I am afraid that the news will have to be dragged out of them in order for us to know the truth.

Psdiver99:
it has been almost two months since zak passed away and I like everyone else have been waiting for information. there should be some kind of preliminary information that can be release now as to what has been learned to date. I am afraid that the news will have to be dragged out of them in order for us to know the truth.

Psdiver99: I do not think we will have to drag the truth out of the folks @ Pro Dive.
I recently asked them in PM about the investigation. Here are the replys,

To: <mdbjgb@pacbell.net>

As soon as the investigation is complete (which it is not) and we are permitted by authorities and, the family provides approval, we will follow through on our representations. In the meantime, please remember that we at Pro Dive have lost a member of our team and still grieve. The tone of your email does not seem to reflect that you feel we have any compassion. If this is the case, you are sadly mistaken.

Frank E. Gernert

CEO

Pro Dive

Cell 954-649-5200

To: "mdb" <mdbjgb@pacbell.net>

Thank you so much. I guess I am a bit sensitive as some emails have been a bit "cold" and I as much as anyone, I want to know what happened. Unfortunately, it will be an answer that will read: "the likeliest probability is....." . The Dade County Medical Examiner has almost
completed with their investigation and I suspect that within two weeks, we will release something. There are many people who knew Zak a lot better than we did down here but, we cared for him as much as anyone and
will forever respect his legacy.
Thank you for the clarification and I promise we will post all the we know when we are permitted.

Best Regards.
Frank E. Gernert
Cell 954-649-5200

www.prodiveusa.com www.coconutsbahamagrill.com
www.usimagingsolutions.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom