Z90 Scuba Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

codyb

New
Reaction score
Hi, I have an opportunity to buy this regulator set and I'm not sure whether the brand is good/bad. I'm told that balanced regulators are optimal for most people, but I'm unable to tell if this is a balanced regulator (if that's visually possible). I don't know if these can even be serviced anymore, but they look very identical to Zeagle regulators. I tried to google the z90's but I didn't get anything that would tell me any of this information. I would just like to know if these regulators are balanced, worth my money, and could be serviced. I'm just starting out scuba diving and just trying to get some equipment together. I don't need the high quality stuff just yet, but I'd like to have something that I could use in the meantime that will serve me well until I become more experienced. Thank you for your help!
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

They are not Zeagles. I believe Z90 Systems was out of business before Zeagle started making SCUBA equipment.
I do not know any thing specific about their regs other than the seconds are probably an unbalanced down stream design. Factory parts are probably nonexistent and finding a shop to service them will be hard.
They are worth what ever you are willing to pay.
They would be good as a leaning tool to play with to learn how they work and play with in a pool.
I would not use them as a primary reg set without having them checked by a qualified tech.

The SPG is probably worth more than the reg set. If you are looking for some thing inexpensive to get started on look for one of the AquaLung/USDivers Conshelf series reg sets. They are inexpensive, bulletproof regs.

aaahhh... A blast from the past. If I remember correctly across my years of deep air diving and partying, Z90 was a private label brand from a training agency. There may be some generic parts that can be used on these. I didn't want to mention specific agency names but maybe an NASDS oldbie could chime in and confirm or deny.

Thank you both for the quick responses. I've seen some people saying that it used Cressi or Scuba Pro parts to repair them. I would probably be diving to a max of 60ft (for the time being). Do you think this set, if properly repaired, could function well at that depth?

There are various threads on SB for the regulator. I am sure you have read them given your most recent post. From what I read is that it can be serviced, HOWEVER, it required mixing and matching parts from different brands. Most dive shops will NOT do this and will refuse to service it. If you were a collector of old gear and the price was really cheap I would buy it. If the price is really cheap I would buy it and salvage the SPG and then eBay the regs if you can't find service.

If you are looking at an inexpensive used set I would look at the Conshelfs from US Divers / Aqualung, Sherwoods or the Oceanic Delta series. They seem to sell inexpensively on eBay and you can get service.

Back
Top Bottom