YS110 problems with Canon IXUS 800&900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladydevil

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought a Sea & Sea YS110 strobe from a local dive shop for my Easter trip next week. It works when I tested in the dive shop with a Olympus 5050.

However, when I follow the user manual to test the strobe at home (i.e. use my Canon IXUS800 to face-to-face flash directly to the strobe), the strobe didn't work. I had tried many times, using Manual 1 (with pre-flash d.c.) and Manual 2 (without pre-flash d.c.), both modes didin't work.

I tried to use a Samsung d.c. to try, it flashes. I tried to use my friend's IXUS900, it doesn't work!

I brought back to the dive shop and the staff tried many times, still didn't work. Lastly, they found that my Canon IXUS800 works with TTL mode (I use a optic fibre, not TTL cable). But the problem is, all photos are 'over' exposure.

This is so strange. My Canon IXUS is a auto d.c. that it should goes well with Manual 1 (i.e. with pre-flash). But how come it can only works with TTL mode of the YS110? It seems doesn't make sense, erh?

Buddies, any insights for me? Any similar problems you've encountered? How can I solve this problem? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It seems with with TTL, but all photos are over exposure. This means, useless... :( :( :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom