Your upgrade sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually I am a contributor to this site. A distinction which eliminates many ads and allows me to give a lot of underserved (sic) crap to Howard and NetDoc. Woe be to the common man.

My comment was directed at the post immediately before it, by reefhound

FTR, I have a 1M connection and use Firefox and the site works fine for me /shrug

My comment was directed at the post immediately before it, by reefhound

FTR, I have a 1M connection and use Firefox and the site works fine for me /shrug

So it is the Chinese's fault. Damn.

Blame Netflix:

Netflix has been hitting the headlines with the amount of bandwidth their viewers use. But a new study by Sandvine Inc. says that 30% of all web traffic in the US is for Netflix streaming of movies and TV shows during peak hours. Beating the paltry 17% which are browsing the web.

Read more internet tv news: Netflix Traffic Overtakes Web Surfing In US Netflix Traffic Overtakes Web Surfing In US

User Friendly Interface
The user interface is designed specifically for efficiency, making it quick and easy for your users to intuitively browse and post on your forums.

Of course, I assume you are using MySQL? Cool DB. They think they are a real DB, and in fact are, up to a point. Perhaps you have reached it?

Cause I see the major delays on query based "clicks".

Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of PG, but it might not scale either. So you are left with Oracle, IBMDB2, or "horrors" MS_SQL (which is a damn fine platform).

I believe vbulletin is designed only for MySQL.

I can't consider the user interface to be efficient when I have to click and load intermediate pages just to get the menu links to load one of the pages I use most often.

I know, I know. Bookmarks.

Of course, I assume you are using MySQL? Cool DB. They think they are a real DB, and in fact are, up to a point. Perhaps you have reached it?
I believe vbulletin is designed only for MySQL.
From their site:
What are the system requirements for vBulletin?
Minimum Requirements: vBulletin is designed to run on every server that has PHP 5.2 or greater and MySQL 4.1.0 or greater installed.

It is recommended to use PHP 5.2.6, or later and MySQL 5.0.19 or later.
We're currently using PHP 5.2.13 and MySQL 5.0.45 - .vBulletin 4.1.3 - the current version.

I know. I am in the business. But really. Firefox, IE, Chrome all are really slow now. Not only in navigation but in input. Multiple access from multiple service providers.

I know it is not your fault. But please understand it is a problem.

It is just fine for me in the latest chrome on Win 7, XP, and Ubuntu (including chromium). While I'm not thrilled with the theme it isn't that bad.

This newe upgrade has taken away my ability to start a new thread!!! When I click the button it takes me to a blank white page???? I can only do quick replies??? Any suggestions???? There are poop pots that I need to stir. Please help

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom