Your upgrade sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vshearer

Contributor
Reaction score
I know. I am in the business. But really. Firefox, IE, Chrome all are really slow now. Not only in navigation but in input. Multiple access from multiple service providers.

I know it is not your fault. But please understand it is a problem.

and since your bandwidth probably has not changed, and your DB is similar. Look at the middleware.

Oh, that was the upgrade. :)

Whatever mang, this upgrade is effin radical. Its just not optimized yet because all parties responsible started the upgrade, then jetted out of intranet reach before they could finish it up. That was totally an excellent decision.

And I still have not heard what wonderful new features this upgrade brings me.

I miss vb3.x where I could access my Subscribed Threads from any page including New Posts. With vb4.x the Quick Links navigation menu does not appear on the New Posts page. I have to click on a thread and then it's there. Any reason for this?

In fact, the entire navigation bar is different. Forum Actions is also missing on the New Posts page.

You should ask for your money back - this could be funded from the docked wages of the volunteer staff

I know you all may not care, or want to do anything about it. however this "upgrade" deffinitely sux. I have a 10M internet connection and this site is really slow. so much so, I do not care to browse it any more, too much time waiting for each click to do anything. watch this I am about to click "Post reply" and wait 20 sec for screen to change.

You should ask for your money back - this could be funded from the docked wages of the volunteer staff

Actually I am a contributor to this site. A distinction which eliminates many ads and allows me to give a lot of underserved (sic) crap to Howard and NetDoc. Woe be to the common man.

if this was the real world, everything would be put back into good shape on a test environment before making it live. But it's not.

I am just wondering how much this Open Source (read free) upgrade is going to end up costing in new load balancing and extra servers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom