Your top 10 "Wish List" of critters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oooooh, Mmmmmm....this takes a lot of thought. This actually stirs the senses a bit and the memories we have. Well, here I go, here's my list.

1. Goblin Shark
2. Hammerhead Shark
3. Wobbegong Shark
4. Basking Shark
5. Man-O-War Slug
6. Obtuse Sap-Sucking Slug
7. Neon Slug
8. Mermaid
9. Wolf Eel
10. Nautilus

It seems like a strange list, but it's mine. These are what I want to see.

Are we playing what we would like to see in hawaii or just what we would like to see? Seen a lot yet have seen very little. Just need more time U/W and it may happen.
Top two on my list are whale shark and a woman who understands the words "I do"
Havn't seen either one yet.

Since what I can see locally is basically freshwater fish, my list is my "global wannasees". The list is basically the one I started with when I started diving and of course is things i want to encounter in the wild and dont take into account what Ive seen in aquariums..

1. Whalesharks (Mission complete)
2. Sharks (Only seen one so far, want to see more)
3. Rays
4. Turtles
5. Dolphins
6. Seals
7. Octopus
8. Swordfish
9. HUGE fish
10. Whales

Tigerman - you'll have to come visit over here, we can take care of the Rays, Turtles, octopus and sharks easily in a day or two of diving :) (as long as white tip sharks are ok)

ooh - I forgot about whale sharks ... I think that might have to move up to #3 for me ... thx SO many amazing animals out there... guess we'll just have to keep diving eh?

Whale sharks are number one for me and I've never seen one. On our last trip to Roatan I told the dive leader I'd hand him a hundred dollar bill if he put me next to one, close enough to touch, 100 bucks, cash, no shadows.

Came close but hasn't happened yet.

I've always had luck diving in the Similans out of Phuket. The short liveaboads are not so expensive. Now that WC is single, it would be a great place to visit, to see Whalesharks.

I also figure that when I move to Maui next summer Whale Sharks will never again return to the islands. Word will get out and they'll all move to Mexico or some other place where I'm not diving.

I'm with Universal Diver.... head to Thailand for good chances to see Whale Sharks and cheap diving on live-aboards. I got mine on dive Two of my Open Water class.... Those who know me know that I got into diving because I was a big Shark Geek as a kid.

So, for me:

1) Great White
2) Hammerhead
3) Tiger Shark
4) Basking Shark
5) Leopard Shark
6) Bull Shark
7) Mako Shark
8) Thresher Shark
9) Oceanic White Tip
10) A Gold Rolex

Word,

G

10) A Gold Rolex

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

For Hawaii:

Tied for first: Humpback Whale and Monk Seal
Manta Ray (have seen one, would like to see more and closer)
Still lots of Nudi's to be found
Dolphins (a little closer)
Whale shark

Those are my biggies.....I'm glad to see anything else.

Al, I'll take you to see them sharks....take a nap with them in the wreck...it's fun :wink:

Back
Top Bottom