Your Tech diving fin comparison please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you saying that I'm unqualified to form an opinion about a pair of fins that I've personally used? Congratulations on your success in the industry.
what you say is diaparaging instead of informative.

Attachments

• ff-7.jpg
    ff-7.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 92
  • ff-7.jpg
    ff-7.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 89
I had a pair of Tusa fins with thin rubber in the center. One of them split but I continued to dive with it for a week or two. I inadvertently invented split fins. In 1991 I switched to Scubapro Jetfins and have used them ever since. The old models had tight foot pockets but the new ones are very large. I tried spring straps for a couple of years but ten years ago, I found bungee works much better.

what you say is diaparaging instead of informative.

Well, I thought it easier that saying compared to the other fins I have experience with, the Force Fins significantly lacked power, lacked control, lacked functionality, were entirely inappropriate for certain aspects of the technical diving environment, and the only good thing about them is that they're more comfortable than a set of Jets.

So yeah, for technical diving compared to my other fins, they suck.

Again, congratulations on your sales.

Before this sidetrack unwinds too much, @JohnnyC, which ForceFins had you used? Original, Pro, Hockey, Excellerating, other?

I tried a pair of pro's back in the day. Mine are unmarked but I'm assuming they're originals since they're floppier than the pro's I tried. Either way, neither were suited for cave diving at all.

Oh, and I've tried a pair of SD1's that my friend (who happens to be a cave instructor) had lying around. He dives Hollis F-1's exclusively.

I should add, whatever the force fin looking things I had with my float tube were great for that. Pretty sure they were force fins. Great for fishing, not for technical diving.

The ForceFin Pro and Original are two or three steps below the ForceFin meant for tech.

* Excellerating are those best suited for tech, as Bob points out. I haven't dove them.
* My Hockey are a big tech step up from my Pros, but apparently Excellerating are better, Force Fins and DIR diving.
* Pros are two steps down from the Excellerating, what you tried back in the day. Though DevonDiver liked them for wrecks.
* Originals are three steps down..., your current ones.

It's like saying I dove (briefly or extensively) the ScubaPro (108, not G250) and the ScubaPro is no match for the XYZ I always use for tech.

(There is a float tube ForceFin, but it's not meant for scuba.
Also there was a super stiff/rebounding translucent TanDelta version of the Pro and Excellerating. And the new stiff/rebounding Indigo blue material, which my Hockey are made of)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom