your opinion on the best Regulators for Tek diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a timebomb on your rig, Mike. Its codename is 'miflex hp'.

Call me Mr. EOD, but this hose has 500+ dives without problems and it still looks ok

Mine had 75+ dives at no issue, but I took them off, too many others have had problems for me to want to risk it.

Poseidons..

But pain in the a'rse to get serviced, and generally work better the deeper you go, so shallow their not so good.

So go Apex or Scubapro..

Apex are easy to fix out in the field, Scubapro are just damn good regs.

From the Poseidons web site the Jetstream regs are limited to 21% O2. That seems pretty limiting in todays diving gases that are available these days.

From the Poseidons web site the Jetstream regs are limited to 21% O2. That seems pretty limiting in todays diving gases that are available these days.

:popcorn:

This has more to do with the CE rating required in the EU than anything else

If you search you'll find a number of threads going into the nitty gritty

"Tek" is such a broad distinction.

If I had a bigger budget, I think I'd have bought M2's, though...because of the wider exhaust t, and the M2's purge style has less chance of freeflowing in a high flow cave system.

You mean M1, right? I'm not aware of an Atomics Reg called M2.

to my knowledge, dives here in Germany almost a Atonic Aquatic, this is not a good equipment

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? Atomic regulators are fantastic! They have a great track record and I love my Z2. I have never found another regulator with the same performance. Not even close. And yes, being German just like you, I like to think can tell good engineering from bad engineering. :wink:

Plus, their service interval is two years as opposed to annually.

I agree that the relatively newness of the HOG/Edge company is something to consider. But as my local dealer pointed out, the parts kits are so inexpensive that you could buy a bunch of them and stockpile them, just in case the company disappears.

I don't like the idea of keeping o-rings around for years, especially in dry Arizona. O-rings age independently of use.

Hi,

Actually Atomic is becoming more and more popular in Germany. The Cavebase team is using them, several wreck divers changed from Apeks to Atomic and even instructors from different agencies (TDI, IANTD, GUE ...) are using the M1.

As I mentioned before, my Tek 3/TX100 was great, but the M1 beats it!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom