your min. temp at Brownstone EDP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For those that have dove at the quarry in Portland, CT. What's your minimum temp noted while diving there and at what depth. Not sure my computer was right. Saw 32degrees at 47ft. Was wearing an ice cap and didn't feel that temp.

It was 39 degrees at 75 feet last weekend. There is a serious thermocline around 20 ft...don't know what it dropped to, but the surface was 81 degrees. Fresh water freezes at 32 degrees, so I'm guessing your computer is probably wrong :)

It gets an ice crust on the surface during the winter, so the surface must get to 32 degrees...probably hovers around 34 in the shallows with the deeper sections staying fairly consistently in the high 30s.

36 is as cold as I have ever seen it, and that is at about the 70-80' mark. It can't get below 36 unless it's under a heavy ice cap, so I would suspect your comp. is off.

all4scuba05:
For those that have dove at the quarry in Portland, CT. What's your minimum temp noted while diving there and at what depth. Not sure my computer was right. Saw 32degrees at 47ft. Was wearing an ice cap and didn't feel that temp.

I will send my computer to get service, 32F. At that temperature the water should be frozen.

Good luck, and happy dives.

thanks, figured it was the comp being inaccurate

In the summer we noted about 39-40 at 85 ft. If you dive below 20-30 ft you definitly want 5 mm gloves minnimum and cold water gear.

dbg40:
36 is as cold as I have ever seen it, and that is at about the 70-80' mark. It can't get below 36 unless it's under a heavy ice cap, so I would suspect your comp. is off.

Weren't you diving there during the last ice age? I thought it was after that freeze when all of your hair fell out...not sure though.

I BET that was below 36!

COME ON.....Nobody loves you like me!!!!!

Nobody........

JimJam:
Weren't you diving there during the last ice age? I thought it was after that freeze when all of your hair fell out...not sure though.

I BET that was below 36!

COME ON.....Nobody loves you like me!!!!!

Nobody........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom