Your Gradient Factors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the past I was always doing my dives with average depth and tables/deco software. My buddy’s were doing the same.

This year I did al my diving with my JJ petrel and my other computer both in computer mode.

I didn’t dive this year with gue buddies who were using a bottomtimer. I did more then 40 deco dives this year with gue trained buddies. We were using software at smartphones for planning and during the dives everybody were using computers, most of them were using shearwaters.

Yeah. But reading it again that was definitely a troll post and I fell for it.

Nah... the OP asked what was your highest GF... breaching the surface to land on the boat is it!

The waiting on deco till an average depth for the ENTIRE dive is legit. Sometimes waiting and thinking, was it 45 or 54 min at 6m? Hmmm what’s the avg depth say for a quick abnormality check....

(I’m still sure DM’s dig the Polaris thingy though....)

_R

I thought the Polaris post was just funny.

I’m sensing that humor is somehow not part of technical diving.

Or maybe just not the Technical sub-forum of SB.

There is humor, sarcasm, satire, cynicism, double entendre, skepticism, grandstanding, narcissism, logic and logical fallacies, snarkiness, smarminess , unctuousnes, pedantry , dogmatism in quantity, punctiliousness and many other examples of disingenuous passive aggressiveness. But also quite a bit of actual experience from which to draw from after filtering out all the noise. Did I mention chest beating?

OK, got it. Now what do you do with that information?
If I do the same thing with the Navy tables I get Group C for the first segment, and Group F for the second segment, and Group H for the "average" segment. What actually is my nitrogen status if I use that 40min at 21m information? Don't I have to take into account the residual nitrogen from the first segment?
I understand depth averaging; that is what your table helps me with. But the issue is nitrogen averaging.....
Well you just use this 40min at 21M to see where it fits in the table :)
"nitrogen averaging", "depth averaging"... if an organisation like Comex publishes a table like the one I posted, who am I to split hair with them?
The only thing I know is that deco is woodoo :) :)

Well you just use this 40min at 21M to see where it fits in the table
Excuse me for being skeptical, but does it actually say that on the other tables ("use average dive depth, not maximum dive depth") or something like that?

Excuse me for being skeptical, but does it actually say that on the other tables ("use average dive depth, not maximum dive depth") or something like that?
it says "use equivalent depth got(ten) from the C value".
Here is the info from page 46 to 48.
You also have tables for deco with oxy at surface, 6, 9 and 12M :), even heliox and other exotic stuff :)

So what does Slightrox recreational tables have to do regarding a topic of decompression GF in a technical forum have any place in this discussion?

Let alone averaging bottom depths on a recreational dive on recreational tables?

The OP post...
What are the most aggressive GF-Hi values you have used?

My first post mentioning the total dive profile average is such a post of what I normally do in an extreme for a sanity check... much like checking my dive computer to verify I haven’t screwed up somewhere on my dive.

Sometimes we get memory dislexia... so was it 45 or 54min at 6m on O2?

The Polaris missile was a small attempt at some observed humour I have seen on a dive boat while I was doing some shallow 50m technical dives.... relating back to the OP post.. more it was clever timing in 4m swells...

Average depth your bottom or not, blow some bubbles, dive again!

_R

The Polaris missile was a small attempt at some observed humour I have seen on a dive boat while I was doing some shallow 50m technical dives.... relating back to the OP post.. more it was clever timing in 4m swells...

What would possess you to introduce humor into an online forum?

This is SB, for crying out loud.

You need to get with the program and do your part to pointlessly argue, quibble, litigate, needled*ck and bicker.

We need curmudgeons, not comics.

Some people..sheesh.

Instead of telling half the board here how they should have died years ago, maybe bless us with your wisdom about how much deco you would do on this profile? This happens to have been on CCR, but I've done almost this exact same dive on OC at least 6 times. Max depth is 101ft, average is 62ft. A little over 100 minutes of bottom time.

Its 1995, the Shearwater Pursuit hasn't been invented yet.

Instead you have 32%, O2 for deco, a scubapro bottom timer, and whatever table(s) you wish. Lay out your stops and times here so we can see your work please. This is a fairly standard nitrox full cave dive with some (but not an insane amount) of deco.

aGinniedive.png

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom