Your Goals in Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My short term goal is to have my rescue c card by Otober. Long term goal is to have fun every dive and make it back to terra firma at the end of the day still breathing.

Tatakai

My goal is to become competent enough that other divers watching me would be safe in emulating my example.
Beyond enjoying the wonder of the world below I would like my diving to always be a learning experience and something that contributes to the long term health of the lifestyle and the world below. I want to teach other divers to respect life and protect it for future generations of divers. I want to combine my love of history with diving, perhaps by discovering or exploring a new wreck, or simply a new dive site.
Mostly I want every dive to be as exciting as the very first. As a divemaster candidate I find working around new divers constantly renews that enthusiasm.

I wanna be the best of the best of the best - SIR!

Now seriously, continue developing my fledgling status as a DM and diver in general, and get the experience to make me diver people want to dive with!

Freds :coffee:

After I complete my DM Cert this summer, I will be moving on to eventually teach SCUBA.

But for my actual long-term goals. I want to be the guy that gets called when a wreck needs to be found, surveyed, and mapped.

I have been spending the last few months diving a little known and less explored WWII wreck of the Imperial Japanese Navy's Battleship, the Mutsu which exploded and sank under mysterious circumstances in 1943 claiming 1100 lives. It's a great feeling mapping out, and spreading awareness of this largely forgotten disaster. Needless to say, the whole experience has been very rewarding and I would like to continue these types of projects in the future on other wrecks.

For me, diving is the goal right now! Which is pretty cool- as long as I get in and go under, I have achieved my goal. Ultimately, I want to go tech, but I'm not ready yet, so I'm just concentrating on learning the basics like trim and buoyancy, and having a lot of fun doing it, I might add.

For me it is to continue my diving education, as of now I plan getting my advaced open water then 1st responder DAN o2 & rescue diving and then nitrox, from there I will look at the other stuff I can do.

short term - Get better at breathing Efficiently. Get tech certified in Wreck and Cave diving.

Long term - Log 1000+ dives, danm I need to get out of Utah....

O and have lots and lots of fun, and not die.

Goals.....Hummmmm now that I look back I've had many since I started this sport about 4 years ago. My first goal out of OW/AOW camp was to get trimmed out and streamline my gear. That was a huge step in the beginning. After that it was to get my breathing squared away and to obtain a decent SAC rate. I then went on to Nitrox and Rescue (another big step) courses. I'm now a Divemaster and enjoy helping out and gaining experience working with new divers and various Instructors.
Next on the list would be skills to help out with wreck diving, limited penetration, etc. such as Advanced Nitrox, Deco and Cavern.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom