Your favorite way of securing octopus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I dive ffm I have no choice but to dive an octo: for me the easiest way to streamline it is cross-clipping it to the left d-ring with an omnidirectional second and then the rubber weight belt to stow away the excess hose. That way you can get away with a 1m to 1m20 hose instead of the standard 80-90 and it pulls out easily.

Here is some of my finer arts I've ever made.
I couldn't get myself to draw a ffm but the principle is shown very easily,
you just stow the hose in the rubber weight belt, so no loopy weirdness and streamlined.

As a second stage i would recommend a cyklon/xstream etc. or one of those mares loops, you could also get an old oceanic, or apeks egress etc. If you wanna be fancy shmancy, you could also use a left handed regulator. and route it from the right side and let it go straight up instead of cross clipping.

disclaimer: unless you know how to tune your regs I would not recommend getting a loop, mine was burpy and badly tuned out of the box. And I really don't like double exhaust valve designs, it's useless imo.
upload_2021-3-16_17-23-35.png

As an octo holder I actually like the flimsy looking scubapro thingy, it works really well imo. The rubber snorkel holders work as well, some people love the magnets, never used those, so can't really say.
SCUBAPRO_REGULATOR%20ACCESSORY_OCTOPUS%20CLIP_GREY_01.097.136_DIVING%20EXPRESS-500x500.jpg

But in any case there's no reason you can't be streamlined, in any setup. No matter if you dive bp wing, jacket, octo, primary donate, a backpack with a toilet seat or reversed doubles. It's usually a hose length/ clipping and hose routing issue.

@Joris Vd that drawing is superb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom