Your Diving Goal...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finish the 2007 dive season feeling comfortable in the water.
Along the way? Get the PADI AOW, and maybe the altitude and wreck diver specialties.

sbrooks:
Curious -
What is your ultimate diving goal; be it either cave, wreck, certain location, etc.
S.

I'd just like to retire(from work), move to a carribean island with my gear and compressor and spend my last years on this earth exploring the many marvels of the underwater world. Not a lofty goal but it would satisfy me.

Interesting question.

I used to have a lot of diving goals. You know what they say though? Sometimes wanting a thing is more pleasing than having it. I've done most of what I wanted to do and now that I'm not teaching and not working toward any specific goal it's all lost a lot of it's excitement. I've never been much of a tourist and swimming in circles whether on a reef, in a wreck or in a cave just doesn't seem to do much for me especially considering the time, work and cost associated with it. I'm not a historian or a geologist and how a wreck got there or where a cave goes is of little concern to me...it's either cool to look at or it isn't. I still like to look some but it hardly seems worth it.

There are, of course some places that I haven't dived that I would like to. I had a trip planned to the west coast next month but I had to put it off. I'd like to do a little more underwater hunting. I did a little when I first started diving but haven't done it since and stocking the freezer seems like a fine reason to dive.

I still like to spend some time in the water just because it's a nice place to be and after all the training and equipment I've accumulated I find that I enjoyed my local quarry dives last year with my wife and son about as much as I've enjoyed any of the "big" expensive dives we've done.

I guess I've gone all the way around the block. After chasing certs, caves, wrecks, and even jumping into the dive industry up to my neck, I find that the very first diving I did right near home is about as much fun as any of it.

My diving goal would be to become an instructor.

While I know not everyone gets into diving to learn all the physics and techniques and everything else, I'd like to be able to find some of those who want to learn so I can help them. I'd love to be able to share some of the fascination and wonder that I see in the science of diving.

Current goal: To be able to do valve drills with my eyes closed while maintaining trim at 10FSW.

End goal: Enjoy diving while feeling confident that I can solve any problems that may come up.

A set of gill implants and webbed feet would be nice.
With all the "miracles of modern medicine" you'd think they could find a way?

I want to go as far as I can possibly go in training and experience. Instructor would be a good goal. Maybe bounce from place to place while teaching.

my goals are to get my Nitrox certification and AOW and possibly Wreck Diving certification.

I haven't decided on an ultimate diving goal, other than to do it well into my 70's.

But my 2007 goal is to find a bunch of unmarked dive spots off our NC coast that others do not dive on, live bottom, ledges, etc. The thrill of searching gets me excited. There are a lot of spots people fish on with hook and line, but no one jumps in and goes down to take a look.

For every dive, a successful ascent.

Cap'n Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom